Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Overspray
LIONHEAD

Overspray

So I was debadging the LR emblem and see the overspray outline of the badge. I'm wondering if it came from factory this way or the guy who painted the gouges in the rear repainted the entire tailgate section. So I quickly reinstalled the LR emblem back with double sided tape. Laughing Used Quick Detailer and used paint scratch remover and nothing.

Anyone debadge also have this problem?
[Image: overspray1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 08:42pm by LIONHEAD.)
07-12-2011 08:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vinda

RE: Overspray

I don't have this problem
07-12-2011 09:28pm
Barneyridge

Lionhead, can't answer the question but that overspray is a bit ordinary. You wouldn't think it would leave the factory like that, well you would hope not.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
07-12-2011 09:32pm
LIONHEAD

Thanks....most likely it came from then the guy repainted the tailgate. All started with the dealer putting their emblem on the back. MadLaughing Too bad I was looking forward for a cleaner look.

Ill ask my detailer to see if it's possible to buff out.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 09:34pm by LIONHEAD.)
07-12-2011 09:33pm
vcruiser

I'd be so pissed at my dealer if i had that... unacceptable

Evoque Dynamic Coupe | Black on Black | Fully Loaded
08-12-2011 01:44pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(07-12-2011 08:41pm)LIONHEAD Wrote:  So I was debadging the LR emblem and see the overspray outline of the badge. I'm wondering if it came from factory this way or the guy who painted the gouges in the rear repainted the entire tailgate section. So I quickly reinstalled the LR emblem back with double sided tape. Laughing Used Quick Detailer and used paint scratch remover and nothing.

Anyone debadge also have this problem?
[Image: overspray1.jpg]

Badges are one of the last things to be added to a car on the production line. The letters are set in a jig and the jig attached to the body and then the letters/badges are pressed on the car. when you de-badge then you might get a slight outline of the sticky bit behind, but this will come off instantaneously with some alcohol rub/degreaser/ meths. It sounds like your dealer has not removed the badging when spraying the boot. He should repair at his cost.

When I collected my last FL2 the dealer had put their sticker in the windscreen and on the outside back of the car; the salesman thought I was joking when I told him to remove whislt I waited as no one had ever asked to take thier dealer badges off. He soon realised I wasn't when I asked to speak to his boss. Sadly I know tell my dealer not to do such things before I collect my car to save his embarrassement.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
08-12-2011 02:02pm
LIONHEAD

Thanks guys....I was alittle hestitant that it was the dealer as it was only a few minor gouges and figured just airbrush that small section. The dealer badge was on the left side of the licese plate and thought for sure they wouldn't paint the right side where the LR badge would be. I did email a bodyshop that I had some work done before and he said looking at the pic, most likely it would need to be repainted. I was going to remove the EVOQUE lettering too but after seeing the LR badge, I didn't bother.

Here's another thing they did.....when I got home from the dealer, I realized my passenger seat was whiter than before.....had that leather dried up look. I ran my fingers across it and it felt grainy and the dirt didn't just wipe off. The dealer bodyshop must have left the door open while in the shop and airborn dust/dirt must have settled inside. I did put some Pinnacle leather cleaner and topped it with their leather conditioner and it's better. I can still feel alittle grainy compared to the driver side but it's good for now. Here's a pic as you can see 3/4 of the cushion is whitish.
[Image: seatwhite.jpg]
I would be fine if it was just dust but this stuff was stuck on the seat.

I wil definetly complain to the dealer but I don't think I want their bodyshop to touch my car again after the fiasco. The paint itself looks great but they should have remove the badge before repainting and close the door or put some sort of plastic over the seats. I'm ok with leaving the LR badge on as I really have no choice but was looking forward to debadging the LR emblem and Evoque lettering.

I did a quick PShop as to what my car would have looked like debadged:
[Image: blackoutdecal.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 03:54pm by LIONHEAD.)
08-12-2011 03:52pm
paulus599

I'd be absolutely devastated! Sad
You could fit one of these in place of the LR badge http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370514234360?s...1438.l2649

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
08-12-2011 04:53pm
LIONHEAD

paulus599: Thanks for the link. I'll look into that badge. I actually don't mind the LR badge but rather have a cleaner look without it.

vcruiser: Love your summer toys!.Especially the Black Series (I'm partial to MBs) Laughing. Did you mod the Ford GT...a'la Kenny Bell SC pulleys? That thing must be a beast!Cool
08-12-2011 05:21pm
WB
WB

That is just unbelievable - what a series of errors! I hope they didn't spill something or mark the seat then rub it with something too harsh to cause the colour to fade.

Have you sent the pictures to the dealer principle?
08-12-2011 10:00pm