Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Overspray
LIONHEAD

RE: Overspray

WB: I did email the general manager of the dealer this afternoon. He did reply and said he will investigate and get back to me. We'll see tomorrow as I am planning to stop by the dealer tomorrow to order another accessory.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2011 08:09am by LIONHEAD.)
09-12-2011 07:45am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LIONHEAD

Some good news........my salesman called this morning and said he talked to the general manager and also the person in charge of outsourcing bodyshop work at their Mercedes dealership (they use their Mercedes dealership for bodywork) and they were p*ssed after seeing the overspray pics. They offered to redo the paint again and make sure they remove the badge before repainting. This way I can have the debadge look. My salesman was also upset and apologized for their service department not covering the A Pillar problem in this post: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Your-thoughts

He said there might be some fireworks when the GM talks to the service department today regarding not fixing the A Pillar. Laughing I told him the other dealer will take care of that and not to touch or fix the A Pillar.

They better cover my seats when they repaint my car again.....don't want to have that grime or sticky particles on my seat again.Mad

***UPDATE***

My salesman called again this afternoon and made an appointment for getting the overspray done on Monday. He said to give them another chance to make everything right regarding the overspray and I agreed to give them one more chance.
(This post was last modified: 14-12-2011 09:57pm by LIONHEAD.)
14-12-2011 05:19pm
Barneyridge

Hope it all works out well and fixed for you mate.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
14-12-2011 10:22pm
RoverMD

Overspray

What is best way to remove the badge?

'12 Dynamic - Buckingham Blue
16-12-2011 06:38am
Wired

(16-12-2011 06:38am)RoverMD Wrote:  What is best way to remove the badge?

Get it warmed up a bit with a hairdryer.
Then pull a bit of floss tread (wax version preferred) slowly behind the badge, "cutting" the badge of the paint.
16-12-2011 05:43pm
LIONHEAD

+1 above but if floss isn't strong enough.....try using a fishing line.

If the fishing line won't cut through the double sided tape from the back.....I sometimes use this plastic credit card like tool that came with my iphone invisible shield kit and wrap it with a MF towel (the thinner for removing wax kind...not the thicker drying type) and go in the back of the badge and move it back and forth trying to remove it.
(This post was last modified: 16-12-2011 11:13pm by LIONHEAD.)
16-12-2011 11:11pm
olde

If you look in your wife's kitchen drawer, you may find a soft-bladed white-rubber knife, used to scrape cake mix out of bowls. It is the perfect tool for de-badging, works better than the ones you can buy. Also, WD-40 lubricant may help if you are having trouble getting it in from behind.

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
17-12-2011 01:54am
RoverMD

great tips...thanks. i would like to remove the red evoque and black range rover badges if possible to clean up the look a bit...

'12 Dynamic - Buckingham Blue
18-12-2011 12:38am
Rootsboy

i only got my car last thursday and i have just noticed the spoiler looks a bit odd on once side, almost like the metal has not been pressed correct and there is not enough paint, i have not had time to go back the dealer to have a look at other evoque's to see if this is normal or not.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
18-12-2011 11:25pm
LIONHEAD

(18-12-2011 11:25pm)Rootsboy Wrote:  i only got my car last thursday and i have just noticed the spoiler looks a bit odd on once side, almost like the metal has not been pressed correct and there is not enough paint, i have not had time to go back the dealer to have a look at other evoque's to see if this is normal or not.

That doesn't look normal......definitely have the dealer look at it.
19-12-2011 04:32am