Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Over charged for the car
fam1x

RE: Over charged for the car

They are quick at taking you monies but very slow when it comes to returning it. Spoke to dealer today after a number if emails and was to they will have to raise a cheque for the monies over charged. Who uses cheque still thought the banks abloished cheque lol. Well probably take another week before I get that back. On the positive note I will be getting my monies back Wink only to spend it on some bars for the roof rails hehehe.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
20-01-2012 07:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scottie99

My dealer in Glasgow presented me with the invoice which had the higher price (I ordered in June). When I pointed this out he ammended it.

I would guess if I had not noticed it he, would have charged the increased price!
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2012 09:41pm by scottie99.)
20-01-2012 09:40pm
fam1x

Does any know that original price for the folding mirrors were?

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
20-01-2012 09:57pm
bash18uk

I contacted them regarding the increase in the price of the pano-roof and got this reply:

"We had no cars in the holding pool because landrover withdrew any allocation after the first lot were ordered. The fixed price was on the order numbers that Landrover confirmed to us and unfortunately yours was ordered after these..."

I had ordered in May last year and put my deposit down however I was told it didn't go into the 'holding pool' until after the price increase so I will have to pay the higher amount. Its all a farce if you ask me...quite possibly the worst buying experience of my life for a so called luxury brand. My car was suppose to be delivered in Nov...an now were going into feb almost...joke.
23-01-2012 04:02pm
cjfp

(20-01-2012 09:57pm)fam1x Wrote:  Does any know that original price for the folding mirrors were?

At April 2011 -

If std folding mirrors were ordered then £340 (gross)

If memory folding mirrors orderd with elec memory seats then £205 (gross)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
23-01-2012 04:26pm
WB
WB

(23-01-2012 04:02pm)bash18uk Wrote:  I contacted them regarding the increase in the price of the pano-roof and got this reply:

"We had no cars in the holding pool because landrover withdrew any allocation after the first lot were ordered. The fixed price was on the order numbers that Landrover confirmed to us and unfortunately yours was ordered after these..."

I had ordered in May last year and put my deposit down however I was told it didn't go into the 'holding pool' until after the price increase so I will have to pay the higher amount. Its all a farce if you ask me...quite possibly the worst buying experience of my life for a so called luxury brand. My car was suppose to be delivered in Nov...an now were going into feb almost...joke.

Don't give up - keep pushing and take it to the dealer principal and LR - others have had the same response and after that been given the original price.
23-01-2012 05:44pm
bash18uk

Thanks for your advise, however who is the dealer principle? I will contact LR customer services and see what they have to say. Will let you know how I get on.

(23-01-2012 05:44pm)WB Wrote:  Don't give up - keep pushing and take it to the dealer principal and LR - others have had the same response and after that been given the original price.
24-01-2012 12:36pm
caroline11000

(23-01-2012 04:26pm)cjfp Wrote:  At April 2011 -

If std folding mirrors were ordered then £340 (gross)

If memory folding mirrors orderd with elec memory seats then £205 (gross)

Have the folding mirrors inreased in price since then because I have just added the std folding mirrors to my new order and have been invoiced £340 (gross)?

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
24-01-2012 12:56pm
WB
WB

(24-01-2012 12:36pm)bash18uk Wrote:  Thanks for your advise, however who is the dealer principle? I will contact LR customer services and see what they have to say. Will let you know how I get on.

The dealer principal is effectively the person in charge of the dealership - the service, sales, parts managers will all report to him. In my experience when all else fails and you can't get sense out of the others then the dealer principals will sort out the problem as its the final step before you go to LR.
24-01-2012 01:43pm
cjfp

(24-01-2012 12:56pm)caroline11000 Wrote:  Have the folding mirrors inreased in price since then because I have just added the std folding mirrors to my new order and have been invoiced £340 (gross)?

According to the LR website, it appears that both 'versions' of folding mirrors are now £340

However, you ask about the std folding mirrors and as you will see from my original post these were £340 initially. [Hope I've understood your question correctly]

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 24-01-2012 03:18pm by cjfp.)
24-01-2012 03:18pm