Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ordering
rwarburton

Ordering

I ordered my new Evoque on 31/12/12 and was told that it should be delivered end of March 2013. Then had a call two weeks ago that the car was in production and i should have it by today.

So it was all arranged for me to collect my car today!!

But hear comes the best part. I had a call this morning from the Dealership that my car had come wrong from Land Rover?!!! Really disappointed about this as i was really looking forward to having it over the weekend.

The Dealership have told me that they have found the same spec from another Dealership, but not sure how true that is. They have not really offered me anything for this and they were also taking my car as a part exchange.

Has anyone out there had this problem and how far should i take this?
08-02-2013 01:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rwarburton

RE: Ordering

Now had a bit of a result on this. Have been in contact with Land Rover and they gave me a lot of help with this. They ended up dealing with the dealership.

It ends up that the dealership ordered the car wrong, so they are now going to give me the car that they have for the time being and order me a new one!! (Correct this time)!

I have to say that Land Rover were really good in helping me with this as this didn't have to do anything as it wasn't there fault.

So i will get to drive a new Evoque for free for a wile!!

Great
08-02-2013 03:17pm
Trapdoor

Having read many cases of this prior to ordering my Prestige, I went through my build spec in fine detail three times with my salesman. He did it on the PC in front of me and printed the spec off.

The on-line system he was using looks almost 1980's and seemed to be spreadsheet based, and I could see how easy it was to make a mistake. However I'm not 100% sure whether this was even the system that links to LR to place the build order, or whether it was just the one that gets the total price.

I am a bit paranoid about getting the wrong spec delivered especially as I've optioned pretty much everything on mine, but certainly a result getting to drive the wrong vehicle for free until the right one comes in. It annoys me that the dealers are quick to blame the factory for their own failings....

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
08-02-2013 06:48pm
Evo-king

It happens, luckily not that often.

rwarburton, you seem to have had a good response/reaction by your dealer, in some of these case before the ordering customers had to work quite hard to get a result like yours.

Perhaps you should name them and praise them, as it is rarity on here.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
09-02-2013 03:53pm
heronb

(09-02-2013 03:53pm)Evo-king Wrote:  It happens, luckily not that often.

rwarburton, you seem to have had a good response/reaction by your dealer, in some of these case before the ordering customers had to work quite hard to get a result like yours.

Perhaps you should name them and praise them, as it is rarity on here.

Sounds like it was LR that deserve the praise rather than the dealership.
11-02-2013 01:15pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The power steering problem is dead easy to solve - tell them you are rejecting the car on safety grounds and want a compete replacement or your money back. These problems do not take a month to fix, there is something you are not being told by the dealer. Additionally contact Liam @ Land Rover, he's in LR customer services - you need to PM him with the problem details, the name of the dealer, your full name and the car VIN

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 03:28pm by XFullFatTim.)
12-02-2013 03:25pm