Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ordering via a Broker
barneyrubble

Ordering via a Broker

Hi - first post so please go easy LaughingLaughing

I'm moving from a BMW 1 series to an Evoque, probably an SD4 auto with LUX pack.

My local dealer is saying no discounts at all, which is fair enough, yet looking on some broker sites they seem to suggest that 3-4k is an achievable discount.

Has anyone successfully managed to get this sort of dicsount?
10-11-2013 12:47am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Amadeus

RE: Ordering via a Broker

Worked for me here in Oz - saved over 2k.

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
10-11-2013 01:19am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Welcome to the forum barneyrubble
We have two brokers as forum sponsors, you could drop them an email and see what they can do. You are more likely to get a discount on a 2013MY than a 2014 but I would also suggest that you take a run around the M25 to High Barnett to Hadley Grange Land Rover who also sponsor the forum. Discounts are widely available but you do have to work to get them. Remember you don't have to take your Evoque to the supplying dealer for servicing so often travelling a bit can result in a better deal than you can get locally to home.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2013 10:26am by XFullFatTim.)
10-11-2013 10:25am
barneyrubble

Re: Ordering via a Broker

Thanks - I may well give them a call. Convenience means that I'm talking to beadles sidcup at the moment as they are a 3 minute walk from home - but going to compare dealers and see what I can get.....

Theres so many "essential " options on the evoque for a toy lover - spent all yesterday afternoon doing my man maths to convince tge wife it will be cheaper next year to but the RR and sell the BMWVery HappyVery Happy
10-11-2013 11:42am
XFullFatTim

another recommended dealership is Lookers Park Royal which is closer to you

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-11-2013 05:47pm
vinny

Theres so many "essential " options on the evoque for a toy lover - spent all yesterday afternoon doing my man maths to convince tge wife it will be cheaper next year to but the RR and sell the BMWVery HappyVery Happy
[/quote]
I came from a 123d coupe to the evoque,it was easy to get the wife onside-just wait for the first snow and ask her to drive the BMW somewhere with even a slight incline,she will come charging home with steam coming from her ears shouting "that cars a death trap in this weather"the rest is history....Very Happy

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
10-11-2013 07:05pm
barneyrubble

Re: Ordering via a Broker

I have winter tyres on mine which- whilst not invincible makes snow driving enjoyable. Ladt year I went up hills that fwd and some 4*4s were struggling on. They couldnt work out how a bmw could do it Very Happy
10-11-2013 07:12pm
XFullFatTim

The Evoque will work better on winter tyres as well. It doesn't need them but they do give you that little more re-assurance when the going gets tough. The Terrain Response Grass, Gravel and Snow setting completely remaps the engine/ throttle and braking systems to only allow power to go to where the grip is. You want to welly it in deep snow - TR won't let you! In really deep snow though you are better with the DSC switched off as if you are driving in deep mud.........

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2013 07:19pm by XFullFatTim.)
10-11-2013 07:18pm
barneyrubble

Re: RE: Ordering via a Broker

(10-11-2013 05:47pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  another recommended dealership is Lookers Park Royal which is closer to you

Thanks, looks like about 20 minutes on the tube from work. Might take an extended lunch this week.
10-11-2013 07:20pm
Good shot

(10-11-2013 12:47am)barneyrubble Wrote:  Hi - first post so please go easy LaughingLaughing

I'm moving from a BMW 1 series to an Evoque, probably an SD4 auto with LUX pack.

My local dealer is saying no discounts at all, which is fair enough, yet looking on some broker sites they seem to suggest that 3-4k is an achievable discount.

Has anyone successfully managed to get this sort of dicsount?

I got a £2k dealers contribution on purchase last week on a 2013 prestige and they threw in the 5 year service pack value £499 and a spare wheel kit. Thought it was a good idea to negotiate in a spare wheel kit.
13-11-2013 12:25am