Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ordered in Jan comes in 3 weeks
Spookball

Ordered in Jan comes in 3 weeks

Hi all, first post for me Very Happy

I ordered a Pure Tech SD4 5dr, Santorini black, Pano, folding mirrors, spare wheel and fogs. I ordered this in at the beginning of the year and due to collect on the 22nd of this month. Can't wait as currently have an Audi A4 Cab and with two ever growing kids it's time to change. Apart from all the obv plus sides from upgrading the rear window will actually be larger in the Evoque.

Anyway my question is! on the New Vehicle Sales Order form there are a couple of things that I agreed to when the adrenalin was pumping. These are Total Loss Gap, Supaguard Ultra Pro Protection Pack and something called SMARTJB. These total about £1050. As they are on the form which I signed am I obliged to take them or can I remove them before collecting the car. I called up Tue last week to add the Pano roof and Folding mirrors and was told that any changes to the actual build had to be in before the Wednesday. Good timing.

Looking for some advice, cheers.

Brought home on the 27th of March 2015

SD4 Pure Tech, Santorini black, Panoramic roof, folding mirrors, fog lights.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2015 09:25pm by Spookball.)
01-03-2015 09:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mark^^

RE: Ordered in Jan comes in 3 weeks

Hi and good luck with your impending car. In Australia, any dealer supplied car paint protection is seen as only protecting the dealer pockets and not your car. External car protection, both internal and external, you will find, should be cheaper, better quality and longer lasting.

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
02-03-2015 09:42am
MartinP

Hello and Welcome Spookball
It looks like the dealer made the most of your excitement! The Gap is a good bet but likely to be more expensive buying through the dealer than online as is the protection pack. There are others more knowledgeable than I am on the subject that would suggest you get it done by a proper detailer. No idea what SMARTJB is I'm afraid. If you want to get out of it I would not see any problems but best to do it before the collection day when you will be easily sidetracked.
Looks like our timings are similar with my new one due later this month.
Good luck with whatever you decide!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
02-03-2015 01:22pm
Spookball

(02-03-2015 01:22pm)MartinP Wrote:  Hello and Welcome Spookball
It looks like the dealer made the most of your excitement! The Gap is a good bet but likely to be more expensive buying through the dealer than online as is the protection pack. There are others more knowledgeable than I am on the subject that would suggest you get it done by a proper detailer. No idea what SMARTJB is I'm afraid. If you want to get out of it I would not see any problems but best to do it before the collection day when you will be easily sidetracked.
Looks like our timings are similar with my new one due later this month.
Good luck with whatever you decide!

Thanks Martin, turns out the SMARTJB allows you to have unlimited amount of dents and scratches fixed within 3 years as long as they are under 15cm in diameter. Going to look into the Gap and Protection and see what else is available.

02-03-2015 08:36pm
Spookball

Thanks Mark, looking toward to delivery. Can come quick enough.

03-03-2015 11:55am
BobM

Don't know about getting out of the deal but you really did get carried away with excitement. I ordered mine on 29.1.15 and its due for delivery mid March. Didn't take the GAP as you can buy it online for about £100 if needed. Tyre and wheel insurance was flung in for free (£400) and I refused the Supaguard as I bought a car with it once and it was a nightmare to detail after that, never quite looked right somehow. The dealer also took £1150 off the retail price without even asking.
I wouldn't wait until you go to pick the car up, if your not sure about the add-ons speak to them now.

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
03-03-2015 04:44pm