Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ordered! Thank you Anita/LPR
DDX

Ordered! Thank you Anita/LPR

So yesterday the better half was telling me that she wants something smaller, cheaper to run and more efficient to replace the Range Rover Sport

After toying with the idea of a Lexus CT200h for about 10 minutes, I thought eff it and went in to Lookers Park Royal today to order the Evoque.

I was greeted by the lovely Anita who was extremely helpful and answered every question I had about the car knowledgeably.

We went over trim levels and actual trim samples and have decided on the flooding spec:

5dr SD4 Dynamic Auto
Fuji White
Vortex Ebony Interior
Panoramic Roof
Ebony Headlining
Keyless Entry
Premium Mats
Heated S/W
Powered Tailgate
Privacy Glass
Spare Wheel

Was contemplating lux pack but half the things on there are just toys that we don't really need and will never get back on resale.

Im ready to confirm spec but waiting on Anita to confirm build allocation so just left the holding deposit until then. Cant wait!
01-08-2011 07:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lookers Park Royal

RE: Ordered! Thank you Anita/LPR

Thank you for your feedback, but also for your business!! I will make sure that Anita see's this post when she is back in the dealership this afternoon.

I drove the Evoque for the first time last weekend and have to say that it is absoloutely stunning in every way. LR have spent a lot of time reducing the upper weight of the vehicle, and you can tell as it is highly manouverable, and like nothing that we have had before in the brand. It has the handling characteristings of a Sports Coupe but with the practicality and command driving position of a 4x4. It was also surprising to see the general public's reaction to it as it literally stopped traffic and there were many dropped jaws and pointing passers by. As mentioned to FullFatTim via text when I was away, it is a serious serious cool car, and on the road compared to other 'normal' vehicles, it looks totally stunning. We are all very excited indeed to get our first cars!

Hopefully I'll see you in September when we have our launch?
02-08-2011 08:13am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I can confirm what James says - it's a traffic stopper when you see one on the road for the first time. When you are driving it at the time EVERYBODY turns round to watch it. Sub-zero on the cool wall..........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-08-2011 08:18am
Blackseries

(02-08-2011 08:18am)FullFatTim Wrote:  I can confirm what James says - it's a traffic stopper when you see one on the road for the first time. When you are driving it at the time EVERYBODY turns round to watch it. Sub-zero on the cool wall..........

As I've said elsewhere on this forum. People will remember the first time they see an Evoque on the road. It doesn't look like anything else .... which is odd really as it has 3 or 5 doors and 4 wheels like every other car .... it’s just its proportions that are alien!

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2011 12:14pm by Blackseries.)
02-08-2011 09:29am
DDX

Thanks James, I know I wont be disappointed with the drive, my only reservation is the size but then again, if its as big as/bigger than your average family hatchback then we'll be ok.

Just hoping I can get one quickly!
02-08-2011 11:59am
Charlie
No Longer Registered

(02-08-2011 11:59am)DDX Wrote:  Thanks James, I know I wont be disappointed with the drive, my only reservation is the size but then again, if its as big as/bigger than your average family hatchback then we'll be ok.

Just hoping I can get one quickly!

Be interested to hear when your delivery date is from a busy dealer.
02-08-2011 02:01pm
DDX

Certainly will be, if I can't get one this year then will probably have to cancel Sad
02-08-2011 02:24pm
Lookers Park Royal

Delivery dates vary depending on which model is ordered. We've been allocated less Si4 than we'd hoped for therefore diesel is easier to come by. We also have a large number of customers who are waiting to drive the vehicle before committing to a final spec, therefore after 8.9.11 we'll have quite a few that we'll have to order. Currently we're looking at Nov build for diesel depending on trim level.

Each dealer is allocated build slots relative to the size/volume of the dealer themselves and I'm led to believe that we have been allocated the 2nd highest volume of Evoques in the UK. This helps us to get vehicles quicker as we have more to order in each months allocation!

James
02-08-2011 04:23pm
DDX

So technically, if I confirm my spec before I drive the car I can have a Nov build?
02-08-2011 04:24pm
LP

(02-08-2011 04:24pm)DDX Wrote:  So technically, if I confirm my spec before I drive the car I can have a Nov build?

Probably...provided it is the higher margin Prestige/Dynamic you are after.

Wink

Based on my experience with LPR if you are after a Pure you might get one quicker by looking elsewhere. Probably best to phone around if you have the time.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2011 05:12pm by LP.)
02-08-2011 04:52pm