Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Options list
syl

Options list

First post. Hi all.

Right, my wife is coming down on the side of an Evoque I think, rather than a Q5. I prefer the Evoque, if only it came with a 3 litre engine and a £6k discount. And without some of the troublesome reports in this forum (and the other one)!

Autobiography, in Yulong white with a graphite pack, privacy glass and a spare wheel.

So - onto the options list. The ones I'm not sure about are:

Adaptive dynamics
Active driveline
Adaptive cruise

She's not speedy. She does >50% of her 12k/year mileage on motorways. It won't go off road, except to park on the school playing field.

Adaptive dynamics? Really? I don't even bother to press the dynamic button on my Jaguar after the first week playing around. She will never select anything other than comfort mode.

Active driveline might reduce fuel consumption, but by what? Even if it were as much as 10%, that might save £15 a month - so it would take over 3 years to pay for itself.

If it were my car, I would go for adaptive cruise (having driven a hire car across Austria with it, without having to touch the pedals for hours). She doesn't seem bothered however.

So - are any of the worth getting? Anything else? HUD is out - she turned it off on the demonstrator as it put her off. TV seems a waste of time.

PS - This is give to cost just north of £50k. What's a reasonable discount to look for from the dealer, on top of the £1500 for taking on finance?
08-09-2016 05:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Options list

Sounds a nice spec!

Active Driveline sounds like the only option to realistically consider, and as you've already worked out that depends on your intended ownership time.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-09-2016 09:03pm
sasdiscos

I had adaptive cruise on my ffrr. Would be great on big semi empty roads but was a pita on our roads.

I find standard cruise much better tbh.

Steve
10-09-2016 07:32am
syl

We have completely opposite views!

I find standard cruise good on big semi-empty roads, but adaptive cruise much better on more crowded roads (I've used it in hire cars in Austria and Florida). It just slows down for you automatically in traffic and then speeds back up again when the road clears up.

MY17 RR Evoque TD4 Autobiography
MY17 RRS SDV6 Autobiography
10-09-2016 08:11am
AndyD

As both my wife and I are Audi lovers our first stop was to look at a Q5 when my wife wanted something bigger than her S1 pocket rocket....... But it's so basic even with a lots of options added and very outdated technology wise, hence she is now very happy in the Evoque club and likes to call my 2015 S5 "old school"...
10-09-2016 09:29am
syl

I agree that the Evoque is a nicer cabin. It's prettier in my eyes from the outside too.

The Q5 looks more dated and it's not quite up to the quality of the Evoque either, but it does come with a 3 litre V6 and it's over £5k cheaper before discount (and the discount is higher). Slightly offset by the better residual of the Evoque. It's a bit bigger too, but that doesn't bother me.
10-09-2016 08:52pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

On the options front on the Evoque, so long as you have a metallic or white or black paint and a panoramic roof just about every other option is going to be worth nothing at all as soon as you drive it off the forecourt. Even a spare tyre, while nice for you, isn't high on a used car buyers list of desirable options. If your wife feels she doesn't want adaptive cruise then save the money it costs and just use the one that comes for "free". She might appreciate a more up market audio than the utter crap sets that LR are now fitting as standard though, but then if she only listens to speech radio an up market set isn't worth having either! I doubt you will be offered any discount as LR can sell every car they make and what you get in discount may well be lost in in a lower part ex value on your old car if you are part exchanging it. The adaptive suspension on Evoque isn't adjustable like other car's systems, it operates all the time and when you press Dynamic it alters the program to adjust more often, both the Evoques I owned had it and it made a difference to the handling and steering weight, if you aren't driving twisty country roads and use the car mostly on motorways then it isn't going to make a ha'penny of difference to the end user other than she will feel the steering weight up.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2016 10:08pm by XFullFatTim.)
10-09-2016 10:04pm
sasdiscos

You say pano roof, but that was one option i didn't want, purely because of the dogs and the heat soak on the car.

love my dynamic plus pack seats in red tho, options are just that, they personalise a car. Who cares what its worth in 3 years when you sell. One mans must is another mans must not and vice versa.

Steve
10-09-2016 10:12pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Great shame that the Plus Pack seats are no longer, had them on both my Evoques and I would rate them as the most comfortable seats I have had in any car, including a Volvo and 2 x FFRR's that had very comfortable thrones but they were flat and non gripping when you wanted to have some fun, the Evoque's Plus pack seats fitted my ample frame beautifully!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-09-2016 10:19pm
syl

OK, I've ordered today. My wife kept procrastinating so I told my daughter to chose for her. It took her all of about 5 seconds.

Autobiography in Yulong white
Graphite pack
Spare wheel
Privacy glass
Black headlining
Adaptive Cruise (I want it - and suspect she will once she experiences it on her daily motorway journeys)

I did get what I thought was a reasonable discount, which, including the finance contribution, works out somewhere between 8-9%. The salesman not only matched, but beat the best offer I had from carwow.

Delivery (fingers crossed) in 2 months.
11-09-2016 02:51pm