Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Operation Purenamic
WB
WB

RE: Operation Purenamic

(23-02-2012 04:14pm)jpleclef Wrote:  Can you get the dynamic trim on a pure??

No - already tried to replace the bumper valance and its a slightly different shape so annoyingly doesn't fit - you'd have to replace the whole bumper!
23-02-2012 04:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pommyboi

I've just been quoted £540 (estimated) for a repaint of the front and side grills and mirror caps in black by the LR dealer who I ordered my Pure SD4 from.

I wonder why they did not offer the black parts, I hadn't realised they repainted them.

On order: Feb 2012 - Pure, 5 door, SD4 auto, Style 4 wheels, Front parking, fog lights, rear camera, spare wheel. Red Contrast roof, Ebony- final spec TBC
23-02-2012 06:54pm
spif888

(23-02-2012 06:54pm)Pommyboi Wrote:  I've just been quoted £540 (estimated) for a repaint of the front and side grills and mirror caps in black by the LR dealer who I ordered my Pure SD4 from.

I wonder why they did not offer the black parts, I hadn't realised they repainted them.

Bu they do!.

Try contacting Dan at Duckworths. He will be able to help you with the black trim and he'll give you a discount if you mention BabyRR.

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
23-02-2012 10:07pm
WB
WB

(23-02-2012 06:54pm)Pommyboi Wrote:  I've just been quoted £540 (estimated) for a repaint of the front and side grills and mirror caps in black by the LR dealer who I ordered my Pure SD4 from.

Thats expensive but LR have raised the para prices so most economical way to do it is replace the grill and have the side trim wrapped or painted by a local body shop.

Nick at Yeovil Land rover gives forum members 20% discount too
23-02-2012 10:11pm
doug

£540 LaughingLaughingLaughing
I friend of mine stayed my front grill & side vents in gloss black for £40 & the rear trim was wrapped for £13

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
23-02-2012 10:22pm
gibbyd

Operation Purenamic

(23-02-2012 10:22pm)doug Wrote:  £540 LaughingLaughingLaughing
I friend of mine stayed my front grill & side vents in gloss black for £40 & the rear trim was wrapped for £13

Wow!
Could you put up some pics please :0)
24-02-2012 10:32am
BFGEvoqueMan

Had mine sprayed and it cost me €100. I delivered the parts to bodyshop and they were ready for collection the next day. He will do the rear tailgate trim for me for about €50 when I have time to disassemble it and remove it

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
24-02-2012 10:50am
WB
WB

(24-02-2012 10:50am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Had mine sprayed and it cost me €100. I delivered the parts to bodyshop and they were ready for collection the next day. He will do the rear tailgate trim for me for about €50 when I have time to disassemble it and remove it

That sounds a lot more like it!

If you do the rear tailgate trim could you please post some photos/instructions of the disassembly - I'm tempted to wrap mine but haven't got around to working out how to get it off the car. I don't want to wrap it while still on the car as there is always a risk of cutting into the surrounding paint with the knife as Itrim the wrap.
24-02-2012 12:04pm
Delta

(24-02-2012 12:04pm)WB Wrote:  That sounds a lot more like it!

If you do the rear tailgate trim could you please post some photos/instructions of the disassembly - I'm tempted to wrap mine but haven't got around to working out how to get it off the car. I don't want to wrap it while still on the car as there is always a risk of cutting into the surrounding paint with the knife as Itrim the wrap.

WB
I noticed you wrapped your side vents how hard was it to take it out?
Must watch some Youtube Videos on how to Vynil Wrap.
was thinking of Wrapping the grill in Matt Black as I do not like the glossy black from they Dynamic.

But then all those holes would be a PITA to cut out I dunno.
24-02-2012 03:44pm
WB
WB

(24-02-2012 03:44pm)Delta Wrote:  WB
I noticed you wrapped your side vents how hard was it to take it out?
Must watch some Youtube Videos on how to Vynil Wrap.
was thinking of Wrapping the grill in Matt Black as I do not like the glossy black from they Dynamic.

But then all those holes would be a PITA to cut out I dunno.

The trim wasn't too difficult to remove. There is a video on youtube. You'll need a plastic trim tool and I'd recommend going as slow as you can because they can fly out.

The wrapping itself was very easy - take a look at my link and I think I put a list of what you need - just a few tools and a hairdryer.

I thought about wrapping the grill and while I do think it would be possible it would take a very long time because of the holes. If you really want it matt then I'd recommend looking into Plastidip which is like a spray on vinyl that is removable and comes in all sorts of finishes including matt black.
24-02-2012 04:23pm