Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
On Grand Designs
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

On Grand Designs

The trailers for the 100th edition of Grand Designs on Channel4 (tonight at 9pm) have had an interview with the owners of the property, in front of an Indus Evoque Coupe. Wasn't able to see if it was a Pure or a Prestige, couldn't see any aero-flip so not a Dynamic.
Edit - well it would appear to have been a Dynamic!
Some building too............ anybody who is a member on here?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2012 10:06pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-10-2012 10:05am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeemerBoy

RE: On Grand Designs

(17-10-2012 10:05am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The trailers for the 100th edition of Grand Designs on Channel4 (tonight at 9pm) have had an interview with the owners of the property, in front of an Indus Evoque Coupe. Wasn't able to see if it was a Pure or a Prestige, couldn't see any aero-flip so not a Dynamic.
Edit - well it would appear to have been a Dynamic!
Some building too............ anybody who is a member on here?

I live in the shadow of that building but haven't been able to find anywhere to watch it! links anyone!?

SD4 - Orkney Grey - Dynamic Coupe Lux: ebony leather, style 8, black panoramic roof, satin brushed and gloss black interior, aeroflip, adaptive xenons
18-10-2012 08:35pm
Barton Evoque

SKY 140 9pm tonight or freeview ch47

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
18-10-2012 08:39pm
BeemerBoy

(18-10-2012 08:39pm)Barton Evoque Wrote:  SKY 140 9pm tonight or freeview ch47

much obliged!

SD4 - Orkney Grey - Dynamic Coupe Lux: ebony leather, style 8, black panoramic roof, satin brushed and gloss black interior, aeroflip, adaptive xenons
18-10-2012 08:57pm
RacingSnake

indeed, now on "4seven"

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
18-10-2012 09:01pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim

and also online at http://www.channel4.com in the 4OD section, Grand Designs.
Beemer don't look too closely through the windows on the new tower.................... you might see things that you wished you hadn't!
You can watch the programme on-line here http://www.channel4.com/programmes/grand.../episode-5

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 18-10-2012 10:35pm by XFullFatTim.)
18-10-2012 09:59pm
BeemerBoy

it is a pretty cool building I cycle past it on my way to work. Though they do harp on about that view a bit.. but the view from the strata (where they used to live) has a pretty epic view too.. for about 1/6 of the cost..

18-10-2012 11:09pm
RacingSnake

Inspired by the programme I went searching for water towers to buy... (there are some good ones out there! Laughing ) but I came across one forum, where the guy featured on the show was posting - or rather defending himself from some pretty rude comments.
In that, it wasn't his design, and he achieved it through throwing money at it (which is true really)... but I hadn't realised he bought the tower with it's planning permission, and with the existing designs.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
19-10-2012 10:12am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim

Did you also pick up the bit that he was also squatting on part of the land during construction - where the "cube" and 2nd shorter tower is built.............. they never told us how he got round that - if he purchased the remainder of the plot from the charity that owned the ground the tower was built on. Also in the programme it appeared that Bellway might have owned the site at some time as all the logo'd signs were still there. He did well though to be able to get together £2 million to convert a water tower............... must have had some great connections and friends in the banking world!

(This post was last modified: 19-10-2012 10:37am by XFullFatTim.)
19-10-2012 10:35am
RacingSnake

(19-10-2012 10:35am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  it appeared that Bellway might have owned the site at some time as all the logo'd signs were still there.
Correct - it was also on the forum I read, he said he bought it from the developers, they were the ones who got the planning and did the designs.
There was no discussion about the 'squatting' though!

19-10-2012 10:39am