Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mercedes CLA SUV.......... Nil Pointes
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Mercedes CLA SUV.......... Nil Pointes

Just seen in Autocar today their renderings of what the Merc CLA 4x4 will look like. They (and Auto-Express) believe it will be big competition for the Evoque........................ Sorry guys but it looks like an old generation Kia or Hyundai or even the Porsche Macan, beautiful it is not.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/shangh...h-released

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2013 05:08pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-04-2013 05:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Mercedes CLA SUV.......... Nil Pointes

Quite bold for a Merc design though. Too stylised a picture, let's wait till the real thing is revealed, I reckon it'll be a bit more subdued.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-04-2013 05:16pm
WB
WB

Hmm, if it actually looks like that sketch it might be tempting. The CLA and new A class in AMG trim do look rather striking IMO.
18-04-2013 11:31pm
brianthedog

Laser projectors in the headlights! Whatever next?

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search...-pictures/

"On the outside, Mercedes has really gone to town with the lights. Each headlight is fitted with a laser-beam projector (really) which not only lights the road ahead, but can also project photos or films saved onto your smartphone, the car’s hard-drive or streamed from the internet.

Plus, this mobile cinema can act as a camera crew. Twin cameras in the front of the GLA’s roof rails can record high-definition 3D movies. The cameras can also be removed for away-from-car shooting.

If you’re thinking this is spurious concept car nonsense, Mercedes has news for you. The car’s engineers and designers reckon that laser lighting technology could be a major car safety feature in the future, allowing drivers to project their sat-nav directions ahead of them onto the road. Mercedes reckons this would not only help drivers keep their eyes away from cabin distractions, but inform other road users of the Mercedes driver’s intended direction, cutting down on potential collisions."

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr in Orkney with Ebony, Black Contrast roof
Pan Roof, Premium interior pack, Park Assist, Shadow Chrome Wheels, Roof Rails
19-04-2013 04:55pm
PhilSkill

I'm sure thats really useful in brilliant sunshine, or stuck in a queue of traffic metres from the car in front... Rolling Eyes

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
19-04-2013 05:21pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Will be interesting to see how they get round the UK police with that seeing as the import of laser pointers are now banned in the UK after several cases of them being pointed at car drivers from motorway bridges.............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-04-2013 05:39pm
Evo-king

Not a bad effort.

I'm not tempted though.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
20-04-2013 03:21pm