Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Not getting mine on the 1st March now :(
Billionaireboysclub

Not getting mine on the 1st March now :(

Was told that because the dealer is extremely busy...I have to wait till the 6th March Sad

The adult in me says its only another 5 days...but the kid in me WANTS IT NOW!!!!!!!

Sad

Ranger Rover Evoque Dynamic 5 Door SD4 - Santorini Black/Vortex + Lux Pack
Ordered & Deposit at dealer : 26th Sep 11
Build Date : 17 Feb
Delivery: 6 Mar woohooo!
27-02-2012 06:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LDT

RE: Not getting mine on the 1st March now :(

That's dreadful! I would have thought that the dealerships would work flat out to ensure all would have their new cars on the 1st. That specific date has not taken them by surprise. I hope they bring the date forward for you.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
27-02-2012 07:11pm
xxxx5

I know one BMW dealer that puts on extra shifts, and weekend working to ensure that customers get there cars on the 1st March & Sept. Very poor service from the LR dealer in question.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
27-02-2012 07:18pm
RacingSnake

because 'the dealer is really busy'... seriously, that is shocking!
As said above, it's not like it is a suprise to them! I'd be pretty annoyed with that Sad - push them for more freebies as compensation.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
27-02-2012 07:44pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

Agreed Ridiculous, tell them to Shove It, then they'll see you on the 1st!!
27-02-2012 09:55pm
Billionaireboysclub

Thank you all for your support.....but I cant be bothered with any more hassle...negotiating....waiting etc. I have had it all drained out of me!

Ill just wait till the 6th

Happy Monday Smile

Ranger Rover Evoque Dynamic 5 Door SD4 - Santorini Black/Vortex + Lux Pack
Ordered & Deposit at dealer : 26th Sep 11
Build Date : 17 Feb
Delivery: 6 Mar woohooo!
27-02-2012 10:31pm
Ranger4

I'm sorry to hear that....

Isn't there anyway that they can do all the preliminary stuff with you tomorrow or Wednesday and allow you just to "collect" on Thursday - might be worth a try? That's what my dealer is doing with a few customers in order to get through as many as possible.

Or perhaps they are having trouble physically prepping all the cars? Has your car already been prepped (gone through PDI)?

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
27-02-2012 10:58pm
edgedata

It's not necessarily the fact that they don't have time to prepare the vehicles. The hand over process from my dealer take up to 3 hours from start to finish and obviously the dealers only have so many sales staff so there is physical limit to the number of cars they can move on any particular day.

Busy franchises can have dozens of cars ready for 1st March. Everyone wants the best possible hand over experience and this does take time. It is for this very reason that I have elected to have my hand over done on Wednesday afternoon and then I can simply turn up at the dealer on Thursday morning and simply drive away.

Previous: 12MY Pure 5dr SD4 Tech Auto Orkney Grey : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Ebony Int : Rear cam : Folding mirrors : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Fogs : Privacy glass
Now : 14MY Dynamic SD4 5dr 9speed Firenze Red : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Privacy glass + more...
27-02-2012 11:05pm
tetstb

I can't believe the snobbery that seems to come from these dealers. Its obvious the higher spenders are getting their cars first. I'm taking delivery of a fleet of 6 Audi A3s as staff cars and they are all being delivered on 1st from one of the busiest dealers in the area. Sure an A3 isn't an Evoque but they range from a 2.0tdi right up to an S3 sport back and I expected them to honour their delivery pledge when the order was placed.

As for the 3 hour handover, thats nonsense, I got 20 mins most of which was them apologising for the delays and why they screwed up the registration and didn't register the car with my private plate.

Maybe I'm just expecting too much.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
(This post was last modified: 27-02-2012 11:09pm by tetstb.)
27-02-2012 11:07pm
edgedata

(27-02-2012 11:07pm)tetstb Wrote:  As for the 3 hour handover, thats nonsense, I got 20 mins most of which was them apologising for the delays and why they screwed up the registration and didn't register the car with my private plate.

Apparently my dealer introduces you to the aftersales and parts/accessory manager as part of the handover. I've seen them sitting in new cars with there new owners going over every switch / setting / function. I did say up to 3 hours. I don't expect mine to take anywhere near that long as I have no Finance papers or Contract hire forms to complete, but I still expect it to take well over an hour.

Previous: 12MY Pure 5dr SD4 Tech Auto Orkney Grey : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Ebony Int : Rear cam : Folding mirrors : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Fogs : Privacy glass
Now : 14MY Dynamic SD4 5dr 9speed Firenze Red : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Privacy glass + more...
27-02-2012 11:27pm