babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Not getting mine on the 1st March now :( - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Not getting mine on the 1st March now :( (/Thread-Not-getting-mine-on-the-1st-March-now)

Pages: 1 2

Not getting mine on the 1st March now :( - Billionaireboysclub - 27-02-2012 06:19pm

Was told that because the dealer is extremely busy...I have to wait till the 6th March Sad

The adult in me says its only another 5 days...but the kid in me WANTS IT NOW!!!!!!!

Sad

RE: Not getting mine on the 1st March now :( - LDT - 27-02-2012 07:11pm

That's dreadful! I would have thought that the dealerships would work flat out to ensure all would have their new cars on the 1st. That specific date has not taken them by surprise. I hope they bring the date forward for you.

RE: Not getting mine on the 1st March now :( - xxxx5 - 27-02-2012 07:18pm

I know one BMW dealer that puts on extra shifts, and weekend working to ensure that customers get there cars on the 1st March & Sept. Very poor service from the LR dealer in question.

RE: Not getting mine on the 1st March now :( - RacingSnake - 27-02-2012 07:44pm

because 'the dealer is really busy'... seriously, that is shocking!
As said above, it's not like it is a suprise to them! I'd be pretty annoyed with that Sad - push them for more freebies as compensation.

RE: Not getting mine on the 1st March now :( - THEMACS - 27-02-2012 09:55pm

Agreed Ridiculous, tell them to Shove It, then they'll see you on the 1st!!

RE: Not getting mine on the 1st March now :( - Billionaireboysclub - 27-02-2012 10:31pm

Thank you all for your support.....but I cant be bothered with any more hassle...negotiating....waiting etc. I have had it all drained out of me!

Ill just wait till the 6th

Happy Monday Smile

RE: Not getting mine on the 1st March now :( - Ranger4 - 27-02-2012 10:58pm

I'm sorry to hear that....

Isn't there anyway that they can do all the preliminary stuff with you tomorrow or Wednesday and allow you just to "collect" on Thursday - might be worth a try? That's what my dealer is doing with a few customers in order to get through as many as possible.

Or perhaps they are having trouble physically prepping all the cars? Has your car already been prepped (gone through PDI)?

RE: Not getting mine on the 1st March now :( - edgedata - 27-02-2012 11:05pm

It's not necessarily the fact that they don't have time to prepare the vehicles. The hand over process from my dealer take up to 3 hours from start to finish and obviously the dealers only have so many sales staff so there is physical limit to the number of cars they can move on any particular day.

Busy franchises can have dozens of cars ready for 1st March. Everyone wants the best possible hand over experience and this does take time. It is for this very reason that I have elected to have my hand over done on Wednesday afternoon and then I can simply turn up at the dealer on Thursday morning and simply drive away.

RE: Not getting mine on the 1st March now :( - tetstb - 27-02-2012 11:07pm

I can't believe the snobbery that seems to come from these dealers. Its obvious the higher spenders are getting their cars first. I'm taking delivery of a fleet of 6 Audi A3s as staff cars and they are all being delivered on 1st from one of the busiest dealers in the area. Sure an A3 isn't an Evoque but they range from a 2.0tdi right up to an S3 sport back and I expected them to honour their delivery pledge when the order was placed.

As for the 3 hour handover, thats nonsense, I got 20 mins most of which was them apologising for the delays and why they screwed up the registration and didn't register the car with my private plate.

Maybe I'm just expecting too much.

RE: Not getting mine on the 1st March now :( - edgedata - 27-02-2012 11:27pm

(27-02-2012 11:07pm)tetstb Wrote:  As for the 3 hour handover, thats nonsense, I got 20 mins most of which was them apologising for the delays and why they screwed up the registration and didn't register the car with my private plate.

Apparently my dealer introduces you to the aftersales and parts/accessory manager as part of the handover. I've seen them sitting in new cars with there new owners going over every switch / setting / function. I did say up to 3 hours. I don't expect mine to take anywhere near that long as I have no Finance papers or Contract hire forms to complete, but I still expect it to take well over an hour.