Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Macan S
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Macan S

Just walking down Park Lane window shopping the Brabus/ Aston/ BMW show rooms and been passed by a metallic black Macan S. Adventurous styling? Hardly. Looks even worse in the flesh than it does in photos - an SQ5 looks better......

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2014 01:25pm by XFullFatTim.)
12-04-2014 10:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Macan S

Tim, have a look in the New Porsche Macan thread, it's no too happy off road either.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
12-04-2014 05:31pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Macan S

I bet there was more driver incompetence than lack of car's ability though, but I also bet the Macan was on road tyres. LR went through a period of sending Defenders out to the press that were shod with road biased tyres and then wondered why much less capable vehicles were giving it a pasting offroad............ the competition put their vehicles on suitable tyres for an offroad test, Land Rover sent their cars out as they left the factory.

When the Cayenne was being shown off to dealers by Porsche GB a friend of mine was at the pay and play site that Porsche were using up here.............. he ended up towing Porsche's pride and joy new SUV back to a low loader in his V6 Freelander 1 because they wouldn't listen to his advice not switch off the ignition with the autobox in D and the car sunk in gloopy mud up to the wheelarches as the engine heat would cause the mud to dry tto cement and jam the selector (he had experienced just this issue in his Freebie at the same site!) But the experts from Porsche knew better and their new, and at the time unlaunched, Cayenne ended up being trailered back to Stuttgart for a new gearbox after they dragged it backwards with a Freelander with the box still in drive................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2014 07:57pm by XFullFatTim.)
12-04-2014 07:46pm