Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bought one today...;-)
couplands

Bought one today...;-)

After a bit of deliberation, we managed to buy an Evoque today.

We had been to our nearest dealer (we wanted a car asap) and they didn't have what we wanted, except for a Dynamic, auto with Black Pack in the showroom, but said they couldn't sell it to us as it was too new.

I contacted several northwest based dealers with a request for the same spec. One dealer came back virtually immediately and we went to visit today and bought the car that was in the showroom.

Being a show room model, it has a good spec:-

SD4 Dynamic Auto
Yulong White
Ebony Vortex Leather
Black Design Pack
Heated Steering Wheel
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
Aeroflip Rear Spoiler
Panoramic Glass Roof
Privacy Glass
Heads-up Display
Black Contrast Roof
Power Boot Opening
Gloss Black Stata Trim
Reverse Traffic Detector
Solar Attenuating Glass
Adaptive Xenon Headlamps

We wouldn't have specced half of this kit on a new order, but we got a decent price on this model with immediate availability so we went for it.

We collect it next week, so looking forward to it. We will now be an all Land Rover household, Defender, Disco4 and then Evoque.

Sorry to see the Mini and the Cayman go, but they are both getting long in the tooth, so time for a change.

cheers

simon
28-03-2015 09:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Bought one today...;-)

That is an unusually high spec for a dealer to order for a "stock" car - recently LR have been forcing dealers to take cars for the showroom with kit that they wouldn't ordinarily order for fear of having to discount the options. The first dealer you approached was right too - they would have been able to take your deposit on the car but would have to keep it until they had a replacement car to go on the showroom floor - LR requires all dealers to have a set number of showroom models and a set number of road going demos and wo-be-tide any dealer who doesn't have those cars. Usually they have to have baically at least one current model year Pure, 1 Dynamic and ! Autobiography on the showrroom floor and at least one automatic and one manual for road testing. When I was collecting my new car today from Grange Garage they had a delivery of an Evoque that LR had forced on them - a Santorini Dynamic with black pack, no privacy glass, no panoramic roof and an ebony interior. The sales team were left scratching their corporate head as they reckoned that they would have a lot of difficulty selling the car with that spec. Same goes for RRSports, LR isn't shifting many with the £5000 optional 1700w hifi so LR is supplying cars for the showroom with just that added! Must admit that I have been used to the 825w Meridian systemn in my last two Evqoues but my 50% more expensive RRS has only the basic Meridian system with 8 speakers - it seems pretty good to me as I rarely listen to streamed/ CD's or MP3 music in the car - I'm a radio addict and the DAB is very good as part of the Meridian system

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-03-2015 09:35pm
couplands

RE: Bought one today...;-)

Yes, they pretty much discounted the option value by 50%, and given the impending new model, end of month targets etc I think we got it for a good price.

Having said that, they seem to be selling Evoques with little problems, whatever the spec. The Discovery Sports don't seem to be attracting the same attention, but I guess its early days yet.

cheers

simon
(This post was last modified: 28-03-2015 09:47pm by couplands.)
28-03-2015 09:47pm