Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
News from Japan
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: News from Japan

Looks like a shortened and raised XF Sportbrake...........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-06-2014 04:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DfunkyT

(23-06-2014 04:48pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Looks like a shortened and raised XF Sportbrake...........

Yes, for me it's not a bad design, just not much wow, especially as it's their first foray into this segment. Good luck to them though.

It was quite funny, when my friend said to me "the door handles are a bit cheap". The hovering JLR rep said it's just a concept to test the public's reaction, to which my friend replies, so the "concept" you're exploring is cheap?

Had to be there, but quite funny how much of an own goal the rep scored.
24-06-2014 10:33am
m_101

Have to say, I actually quite like the looks of that. If it's as good as current Jaguar quality (which for some reason seems better than LR) then I might consider upgrading when it comes out. Which is apparently going to be in 2016 according to some googling.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
24-06-2014 08:52pm
DfunkyT

Yes, don't get me wrong, it's quite graceful, just looking for a bit more pizazz. It'll be interesting when it sits side by side with the RR in the showroom. Maybe an RR saloon is in the works. Wink
24-06-2014 11:05pm
DfunkyT

Been a while but thought I'd post a couple from a recent 2,000km. road trip to Shikoku and back. Fantastic place, amazing scenery and many a good road along the way. The Evoque was silky smooth all the way and no road was a challenge.

This after being peeved the factory let it leave with a defective engine mount! All fixed but when will they learn?!!

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2014 11:39pm by DfunkyT.)
06-10-2014 11:37pm
DfunkyT

Style meets art on Naoshima!
07-10-2014 11:10pm