Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie with obligatory bumper modification question
Rico

Newbie with obligatory bumper modification question

Hi all,

New on here as we've ordered and just had confirmed build of the wife's Evoque. Now, I'm more used to Audi modding personally and I've had a good look around, but I can't find a definitive answer. Hoping you guys can help.

We've gone for a 5 door Pure for the wife. Yes, mainly down to cost, but with a few additions over the stock options, it's still a better equipped and better looking car than the BMW X1 she was looking at.

However, the rear end of the Pure is a bit weak over the Prestige version, so I'd like to at least upgrade the rear bumper.

What parts specifically would I need? I've had a dig about and obviously the rear bumper, but would I also need to update the exhaust and exhaust heat shield, rear exhaust finishers? Intention is to possibly have the dealer fit prior to pick up, but I'd get a quote before hand.

Thanks in advance for any help. Smile
18-01-2012 07:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fam1x

RE: Newbie with obligatory bumper modification question

Really there is that much difference in the rear bumper that you noticed between the pure and the prestige ? I think you mean pure and dynamic.....

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
18-01-2012 08:53pm
Rico

OK then, I meant the Dynamic rear, my bad. So, do I need all the parts mentioned in my original post?
18-01-2012 09:18pm
pureevoque

Which engine?

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
18-01-2012 10:08pm
Rico

SD4, 2.2, 190bhp, auto.
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2012 10:47pm by Rico.)
18-01-2012 10:47pm
fam1x

Someone has don't that already on here they changed both front and rear bumpers on their prestige it's not cheap. Think duckworth can supply you the parts if not the dealer can do it for you good lucky. Do let us know how you get on.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
(This post was last modified: 19-01-2012 12:47am by fam1x.)
19-01-2012 12:46am
mark_n

Sorry, but I think it's a completely pointless exercise. If you wanted a Dynamic or a Prestige, why didn't you buy one? The memeber here who did turn his Prestige into a Dynamic on the outside did so for good reasons, to combine the best (as he saw it - though I am very happy with my Dynamic interior - hard wearing and fit for purpose) of the two trim levels.

Save your money...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 19-01-2012 09:44am by mark_n.)
19-01-2012 09:44am
chiggy

I want to turn my pure into a dynamic.

However if you're in the UK the difference may not be that much. In Australia there's about a $12k difference between the pure and the dynamic with my specs. I'm pretty sure converting the outside will cost me close to $3k (or just a bit more) and saving $8-9k is enough money saved.

My budget is very limited and I can't afford a dynamic... converting a Pure to a Dynamic over time I can do.

Plus I don't like the interior themes of the dynamic.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
19-01-2012 10:06am
WB
WB

(19-01-2012 09:44am)mark_n Wrote:  Sorry, but I think it's a completely pointless exercise. If you wanted a Dynamic or a Prestige, why didn't you buy one? The memeber here who did turn his Prestige into a Dynamic on the outside did so for good reasons, to combine the best (as he saw it - though I am very happy with my Dynamic interior - hard wearing and fit for purpose) of the two trim levels.

Save your money...

You're missing the point - several of us prefer the interior/spec/price of the Pure to the dynamic but like the bodykit. Personally I don't like the contrast stitching on the Prestige and I prefer the textured leather to the smooth. I also wouldn't spec many of the standard options on the Prestige because I don't want them. I also don't like any of the dynamic interior schemes and didn't like the ride on the AD - I found it less smooth although that was probably down to the 20" wheels which could at least be de-specced. However if the body kit was available as a factory option I probably would have gone for that. Many other manufacturers would have body kit options (often combined with wheels) such as the Audi s-line or M-Tech on a BMW which can be specced on any engine.

Ultimately LR have an outdated options model and don't yet know how to manage options/packs like the manufacturers that have had long option lists for years. LR will probably get this eventually as they're doing a good job of holding focus groups etc. and if I were a betting man I'd say the bodykit will be an option in the not too distant future.

Also many buyers fall for the snob factor of pure vs prestige/dynamic which just makes me laugh as its all the same engine/body and especially as the Pure and Prestige are virtually identical on the outside apart from the silver/grey trim and the waist finisher. Personally if I'd bought a prestige I would have "de-chromed" it immediately as I really don't like the silver/chrome.

So each to their own...
(This post was last modified: 19-01-2012 10:45am by WB.)
19-01-2012 10:16am
Rico

Guys, I appreciate you all have your opinions, I seem to read them in every thread similar to this one on modifying the outside of your Evoque, but please, it was our decision to buy the Pure and as I have already said, that decision was based on price, not that it’s anyone else’s business but ours.

I simply asked for confirmation as to whether the parts I had listed would be all the parts or a subset of, that I would need if I was to change the rear bumper of the Pure to match that of the Dynamic.

I have viewed the list of parts by Duckworth and it was these threads from which I built the list in my original post.

So, hypothetically (and opinions aside if possible), if I were to change the rear bumper only to that of the Dynamic, would I need all the parts listed above or just individual parts from said list.

If I need to go get the answer elsewhere then I have no problem with that. Such a warm welcome, thanks everyone.
19-01-2012 11:36am