Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie with obligatory bumper modification question
GibEvoque

RE: Newbie with obligatory bumper modification question

(19-01-2012 11:36am)Rico Wrote:  Guys, I appreciate you all have your opinions, I seem to read them in every thread similar to this one on modifying the outside of your Evoque, but please, it was our decision to buy the Pure and as I have already said, that decision was based on price, not that it’s anyone else’s business but ours.

I simply asked for confirmation as to whether the parts I had listed would be all the parts or a subset of, that I would need if I was to change the rear bumper of the Pure to match that of the Dynamic.

I have viewed the list of parts by Duckworth and it was these threads from which I built the list in my original post.

So, hypothetically (and opinions aside if possible), if I were to change the rear bumper only to that of the Dynamic, would I need all the parts listed above or just individual parts from said list.

If I need to go get the answer elsewhere then I have no problem with that. Such a warm welcome, thanks everyone.

Rico

Ignore some of the 'old farts' on hereTwisted Evil who don't undertsand the customisation game.

I was very fortunate that i could just about push my budget for a dynamic, however very nearly went down the same route. I would speak to your dealer parts department to confirm if additional brackets etc might be needed, but i think it should be a fairly straight forward swap,.

My main concern is however, if the overall lines of the car will look a little disjointed, as the side sill on the dynamic is colour coded and sits a little lower. You could of course colour code the side sills on the pure as well which should solve this.

I would also recommend you look at some of the altenatives as well, Sportechs rear bumper offers something a little different, but might have same problem maintaing the line of the car.

I hope thats a little more constructive.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
19-01-2012 01:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

I think you'll need the bumper, rear fog lights are different part number, the exhaust trims, the diffuser etc. - quite a few parts.

You will also as you said need to decide how to tie the front, side and back together with some colour coding.

The H&R Pure has one of the better colour coding schemes IMO.
19-01-2012 01:28pm
pureevoque

I put a dynamic bumper on a pure image a while back;

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Dynamic-K...6#pid21796

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
19-01-2012 03:00pm
BOBM4N

Have you seen this thread?

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-The-first...=presnamic
Or this one?

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Dynamic-K...2#pid10082

Finally Arrived 06/02/12 Very Happy :

Dynamic SD4 Auto - Fuji White/Vortex, Pan Roof, Privacy
(This post was last modified: 19-01-2012 04:06pm by BOBM4N.)
19-01-2012 04:02pm
Rico

^^^^ Many thanks for the 4 posts above, exactly the advice and knowledge I was looking for.

Simplistically, the bumper should "fit" as the lines and shape are the same, but specifically, it seems there are a few extra parts to consider, which isn't unexpected.

I'll admit I didn't think/realise the colour coding would need attention, but that's fine, would just need to factor in the cost/ball @che factor if I decide to go down this route.

I'll check out the suggested threads above and look at 3rd party alternatives.

Again, info much appreciated, cheers.
19-01-2012 04:43pm