Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New range rover evoque
davyo

New range rover evoque

Hi
new to the range rover evoque forum and considering buying a new Evoque
After owning 2 of the older Range Rover Sport models 11 and 12 plates, will I be happy in the baby RR ?
I had a test drive and liked it.

I was thinking TD4 HSE Dynamic auto 180HP in white with black design pack..
Any advice appreciated

I also noticed on the Land Rover website that the convertible has the new touch screen infotainment system, anyone know if this is going to appear on the other vehicles and if so is it worth holding off for a while

Thanks in advance
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2016 01:22am by davyo.)
11-02-2016 09:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Clip

RE: New range rover evoque

(11-02-2016 09:17pm)davyo Wrote:  Hi
new to the range rover evoque forum and considering buying a new Evoque...
I think you just answered your own question. Only thing you might want to consider is engine choice. Drive them all and see which you like best maybe? Very Happy
12-02-2016 09:10am
AndyFrance

I wouldn't recommend to anyone to buy a new Evoque at the moment.

In my case, the Halewood factory build quality is sh!te, and quality control probably conducted by labrador's with white stick's.
12-02-2016 09:34am
davyo

(12-02-2016 09:34am)AndyFrance Wrote:  I wouldn't recommend to anyone to buy a new Evoque at the moment.

In my case, the Halewood factory build quality is sh!te, and quality control probably conducted by labrador's with white stick's.

Thank you for the reply Andyfrance
Interesting, build quality and quality control may explain you only need to wait 10 weeks for a vehicle to be delivered now, unlike the 6 month lead time before!!

(12-02-2016 09:10am)Clip Wrote:  I think you just answered your own question. Only thing you might want to consider is engine choice. Drive them all and see which you like best maybe? Very Happy

Clip
thank you for your reply.
When I say I liked it, I only had it for a day and would it live up to it's bigger brother the RR Sport.
What is dissapointing, I have have 77 forum members view my thread and only 2 responses, one from Australia and one from France!!
where are all the UK members comments and thoughts when you need some opinions before making a £50K purchase ?
Bad show guys..
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2016 10:46am by davyo.)
12-02-2016 10:36am
Tony

(11-02-2016 09:17pm)davyo Wrote:  Hi
new to the range rover evoque forum and considering buying a new Evoque
After owning 2 of the older Range Rover Sport models 11 and 12 plates, will I be happy in the baby RR ?

I was thinking TD4 HSE Dynamic auto 180HP in white with black design pack..
Any advice appreciated

I also noticed on the Land Rover website that the convertible has the new touch screen infotainment system, anyone know if this is going to appear on the other vehicles and if so is it worth holding off for a while

Thanks in advance

We moved from Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux to a RRS2 SDV6 HSE Dynamic, there is no comparison. The RRS is smooth, quiet, powerful (enough), well put together, by comparison the Evoque suffered from road noise, harsh suspension, lack of power (190bhp) and was the worst screwed together car I have ever owned. Whilst they are made in different factories, to drive both you would think they are made by different companies. Hailwood quality control on most days is out to lunch.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
12-02-2016 11:51am
jeffersj

It is as always a personal choice. You have to decide what you want the car for as it can not compete with and RRsport. If you are looking for a smaller car for financial reasons then OK. We moved from D4 to Evoque mainly because we were not doing the miles to justify the larger car.

Initial test drive found it more noisy and a harder ride that that of the air suspension of the D4 but it is a different car. It is nippy and can be chipped for extra performance, easier to park in car parks and a bit more frugal.

Horses for courses!

Jeff

Member of Defender2 and Disco3/4 forums, currently driving a 90 300tdi and the Evoque Dynamic which is really my wife's car.
12-02-2016 12:11pm
Good shot

Touch wood - I've had no problems and no rattles and find it a great and comfortable drive. Just up to 23k miles.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
12-02-2016 01:15pm
davyo

(12-02-2016 11:51am)Tony Wrote:  We moved from Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux to a RRS2 SDV6 HSE Dynamic, there is no comparison. The RRS is smooth, quiet, powerful (enough), well put together, by comparison the Evoque suffered from road noise, harsh suspension, lack of power (190bhp) and was the worst screwed together car I have ever owned. Whilst they are made in different factories, to drive both you would think they are made by different companies. Hailwood quality control on most days is out to lunch.

Tony
thanks for your reply, this sort of feedback will be useful in deciding what car to go for.

(12-02-2016 12:11pm)jeffersj Wrote:  It is as always a personal choice. You have to decide what you want the car for as it can not compete with and RRsport. If you are looking for a smaller car for financial reasons then OK. We moved from D4 to Evoque mainly because we were not doing the miles to justify the larger car.

Initial test drive found it more noisy and a harder ride that that of the air suspension of the D4 but it is a different car. It is nippy and can be chipped for extra performance, easier to park in car parks and a bit more frugal.

Horses for courses!

Jeffers
thank you for your reply and input
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2016 04:35pm by davyo.)
12-02-2016 04:34pm
MrNoo

(12-02-2016 10:36am)davyo Wrote:  Thank you for the reply Andyfrance
Interesting, build quality and quality control may explain you only need to wait 10 weeks for a vehicle to be delivered now, unlike the 6 month lead time before!!

The reduced lead time is probably down to much greater production levels - 3 shift working at Halewood (which may be having a detrimental effect on quality) and a new factory in China supplying the Chinese market (previously they were export there from Halewood).

To answer your original question, do I like my Evoque? yes but probably not enough to buy another one when replacement time comes.

Arrived - SD4 Prestige, 5 door, manual in Orkney Grey with Element interior. Style 4 wheels, spare wheel & auto-dimming rear view mirror.
Joining MX-5 2.0i convertible.
12-02-2016 04:56pm
davyo

(12-02-2016 04:56pm)MrNoo Wrote:  The reduced lead time is probably down to much greater production levels - 3 shift working at Halewood (which may be having a detrimental effect on quality) and a new factory in China supplying the Chinese market (previously they were export there from Halewood).

To answer your original question, do I like my Evoque? yes but probably not enough to buy another one when replacement time comes.

Thanks for the reply
Interesting comments
12-02-2016 05:37pm