Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New range rover evoque
Clip

RE: New range rover evoque

I'm sorry Andy, but you are making huge generalisations based on no more than a dozen or so owners across a few forums. I really do sympathise with you, but if these cars were that poor quality and had all those problems, well it would be all over the press and no one would be buying them. I know at least 7 people that own them and none have had problems, the quality is fine and all is good. Of those, 2 are MY14 and used as rep cars that have over 100000k's on them, and only time they've been back to dealer is for servicing. So unless we only get the good ones out here and they keep the duds for the local market, something is not adding up.
14-02-2016 02:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AndyFrance

Clip, you are correct if we assume that the majority of owner's that are not forum member's have a problem free MY16 car. That is probably correct, but cannot be proven either way...........It's a good discussion though, cheers!
14-02-2016 02:16pm
joypool

Hi Andy and thanks for the welcome - I tend to agree with clip that the vast majority of Evoque's must be good cars, otherwise with the speed of social media, the motoring media etc. people would not still be buying them in their droves.

Again though, I totally understand that if you are having problems and your car does have build issues that is naturally how you will view the car and brand.

As I mentioned every car forum I have ever been on tend to hugely magnify the percentage of cars with problems, although Range Rover is a premium brand so you would hope problems with new cars should be none existent.

My only experience is a member of staff having a 2014 car and hasn't had any problems what so ever and JLR have been very good with her.

I just hope I get one that isn't one of the problem cars or my views may change
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2016 04:39pm by joypool.)
14-02-2016 04:38pm
AndyFrance

joypool,

I can only speak of my MY16, not previous year model's, and believe it or not, I do agree with most of what has been said on this thread, for and against strangely enough Rolling Eyes Time will tell with MY16.

Good luck, hope it all goes well for you!
14-02-2016 06:42pm
WorldTraveller-II

Im in my 2nd Evouque, 1st one was TD4 Manual, Tech Pack, Xeons Pano Roof that I ordered (pre-prod) without even seeing the vehicle. I had for 4 years without any problems, regular 12 month service and put in diesel.

Last month I traded in for another Evouque (TD4 Tech, Auto, Pano Roof), I must say that the build quality seems to have improved, not so many "rattles", prob due to JLR ironing out the stress parts of the interior, fuel economy is far better (20% at least !). Looked at competitive market (BMW, Volvo, Audi, VW, Skoda, Jeep) to see what was on offer and nothing comes close to the Evouque for value for money, build quality.
18-02-2016 10:36am
AndyFrance

On reflection, perhaps I should've purchased an older model, but unlike you, I view "Rattles" as a problem. My MY16 is not in the same 'build quality' league as Dacia, let alone BMW or Audi....Chalk n' cheese.
(This post was last modified: 18-02-2016 10:55am by AndyFrance.)
18-02-2016 10:54am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I cannot add much toi all the chat, but I owned 2 Evoques bewteen 2011 and March 2015. The first was a launch day delivery, it had small issues that were evry swiftly put right by LR and the supplying dealership. My 2nd one had problems even before it was built.......... one optional item had not completed developement and a car that was originally supposed to have been delivered in October 2013 didn't roll down the line until March 2014 and then it arrived with the item that caused the delay to build not working at all! Again fixed by LR very promptly by a technician who was sent from Warwick to Scotland to apply a fix that took 10 minutes............ the car then developed rattles above the front windscreen that could only be repaired by removal of the front screen, panoramic roof and the headliner. Then it had a gearbox software update and that ruined the ultra smooth changes, caused th car to pull away in 1st which in Evoque is a crawler gear so sends the RPM to the red sector if you aren't careful, and then it started to eat DPF sensors. I'm not new to Land Rover ownership, I've owned Discoveries 1 and 2, Freelander 1, 2 x FFRR's, an early RRS 2.7, and RRS Tdv8, a Defender, 2 x Evoques and now I'm in an RRS2 SDv6 HSE Dynamic that is closing in on it's 1st service and like every other LR I've owned except both Evoques, it has ZERO remedial / warranty work on the job sheet for it's first service and has not needed a single unscheduled trip to a dealership in the 1st 12 months. If you like the RRS's you ahve owned then I would stick with them, RRS2 is a different beast to the RRS1, way better in every way but also unfortunately a whole lot more expensive.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-02-2016 10:53pm
AndyFrance

When I ordered my Evoque I had in mind that a few years down the line I’d upgrade to the RRS, but from what I’ve experienced with JLR, that’s never going to happen.

It’s embarrassing when I've spent 52K the salesman laughs after saying my car is what they call in France a “samedi après-midi” car.

It was a waste of time sending a letter to Speth, LRCR and the dealer. LRCR replied after a prompt, but backdated it to comply with my 28 day deadline (reply dated 27th Jan, posted to me 8th Feb). The dealer never bothered to reply. Apart from the first response from Speth's office, not a whisper. I've emailed him a further 3 times raising concerns, but they've not even been acknowledged.

You write or email to one person, another replies (after more prompts). The company structure is designed to divide and rule using diversionary tactics. They never answer the points you raise, then when again asked to, they never reply.

Luini, MD JLR France says “your dealer” (they are not my dealer, I don’t have a dealer) at La Rochelle is at my disposal…….The dealer at my disposal has not replied to my letter or any emails since the New Year.

I'm not seen as a dissatisfied customer with genuine concerns, I'm seen as a nuisance and ignored accordingly.

So, in my mind, it’s not just about build quality any longer. JLR will not get any further business from me due to the way I’ve been treated…………I think they’ll be quite happy with that!
(This post was last modified: 19-02-2016 08:53am by AndyFrance.)
19-02-2016 07:15am