Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New owner with random questions!
Steve D

New owner with random questions!

Not having owned mine for a week yet but I have a few questions of you long term owners:
1. What dash cams are you using - I'll be looking for one that is the least visible in the screen from outside. Does anyone have any pictures?
2. What's this I read about having the OBD connector moved elsewhere - something about theives being able to break the window, reach in and reprogramme another key to steal your car?
3. What size spare tyre do you have?
That's all. For now!
Thanks. Very Happy

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 29-10-2015 06:38pm by Steve D.)
29-10-2015 06:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tattoobob26

RE: New owner with random questions!

Hi I hope you enjoying your vehicle. I don't have a dash cam so can't help you with that one. Second one I've never seen anything about it. I don't have a spare I only have one of the tyre inflation kits. So really I'm no use at all ha.

Current.
My 14 Fuji White Dynamic 9 speed auto with Black pack and pano roof.
Gone.
MY 12 Fuji White prestige auto.
2001 Black FFRR P38 Dse auto.
1990 Firenze Red Discovery 1.
29-10-2015 10:16pm
bee

(29-10-2015 10:16pm)tattoobob26 Wrote:  Hi I hope you enjoying your vehicle. I don't have a dash cam so can't help you with that one. Second one I've never seen anything about it. I don't have a spare I only have one of the tyre inflation kits. So really I'm no use at all ha.

I had a blackvue for five years, its been fine. just going to replace with a mio mivue 568 with speed camera alerts. I fit them behind the sun visor.
spare wheel is a skiney one so as it fits under boot floor.
I fit a steering wheel lock for extra security until lr comes up with a fix.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
(This post was last modified: 29-10-2015 11:12pm by bee.)
29-10-2015 11:09pm
Pete

(29-10-2015 11:09pm)bee Wrote:  I fit a steering wheel lock for extra security until lr comes up with a fix.

If you use the keyless entry most of the time, then you're as safe as you can be. Thieving scoundrels will scan the radio waves which keyless entry doesn't use.
29-10-2015 11:49pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If you ahve the keyless Entry option a good precaution is NOT to use the keybob buttons but use the dimples on any of the 4 passenger doors (2 for the Coupe model of course before somebody p;oints it out.......) while you keep the fob in your pocket. The fob used like this only has a range of less than a meter so anyone with a "grabber" has to be standing next to you to "grab" the code. The remote tailgate opener only operates the tailgate and should leave the other door locks locked so you can continue using that. On new (IIRC from MY 2015/ September 2014 onwards builds) the OBDP has been relocated so it cannot be utilised so easily from a broken window on all JLR products, I'm not sure that the port can be moved on earlier models.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2015 08:57am by XFullFatTim.)
30-10-2015 08:57am
IvorRedOne

The cam I am using is this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-7-LCD-1080P-...Sw~bFWFh~d

I use two cams. One in the Front and one in the rear Window. Each have a 32gb sandisk micro sd card bought from here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331163262801?_...EBIDX%3AIT

Cams only take 32gb.

I recently used the recorded video to assist the Police in administering a 1 year warning for the offending driver. A copy of the video was retained by the Police and the driver was officially warned about Wreckless driving and given a one year warning. If the driver is reported again or caught by the Police he will lose his license.

You can view the video here:

Front view: http://www.mediafire.com/watch/d5vajlq5t...t_View.avi

Rear View: http://www.mediafire.com/watch/nox7y8fcj...r_View.avi

Cam quality trimmed down so that I could upload. The cam can be paused and a snapshot taken of the VRN.

I will post a couple of photos later to show how the cams sit in the vehicle.
05-11-2015 01:08am