Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
New order
Kentboy

RE: New order

I did contact the dealer over the weekend and they said they were surprised to hear I had not had a 'thank you for the order' letter and would take a look at my order first thing Monday.

I have not had the thank you yet but did get a mail this morning to say the latest date showing is 6th July for complete build and we should see it a week later.

Sounding ok.

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
16-04-2012 05:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vc

(14-04-2012 04:11pm)Fish Wrote:  Uff, Just signed the contract today - SD4, ipanema sand, tech pack, xenon, glas roof, Black rails, ....
Really wondering about the lead time now. My dealers perspective: 3-4 months.
What do think?

Fish, you've done better than me, ordered 4th Apr delivery apx Oct

COLLECTED 20th July Very Happy
Ordered 4th April, built 6th July
Pure SD4 auto, Mauritius Blue fogs, signatures, tailgate, power fold mirrors, electric drivers seat,
cirrus/lunar, auto dim mirror, mats.
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2012 02:19pm by Vc.)
17-04-2012 02:19pm
Kentboy

(17-04-2012 02:19pm)Vc Wrote:  Fish, you've done better than me, ordered 4th Apr delivery apx Oct

First dealer I went to (early March) quoted me September then I went to a larger group who quoted July/Aug and I have just had 6th July confirmed as the factory completion date so I am sure dealer allocation changes dramatically.

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
17-04-2012 03:01pm
flurberman

New order

I ordered in September of last year and am due my car by June of this year. I've never received a welcome letter or any other communication from LandRover. Should I be worried?

The order seems to be happening, I checked in with my dealer mid March and he's expecting the car to be with me by the end of May.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Orkney Grey, Si4 Dynamic Coupe with LUX pack, privacy glass, 20" shadow chrome wheels, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, TPMS & contrast panoramic roof.
18-04-2012 04:11am
Fish

VC, guess there is still some potential for improvement with your order. Mine seems to me a bit to optimistic at that moment but wouldn't debate if it becomes true

TD4, tech pack, power fold mirrows, heated seat, ipanema sand, pano roof, xenon, fog,
dark window glas, rear cam, black rails, black rims, black grill & side panels, spare wheel
Date of order: 14.04.2012
Built date: 19.10.12
Date of delivery: 12.12.12 Bow down
20-04-2012 11:34am
Vc

(20-04-2012 11:34am)Fish Wrote:  VC, guess there is still some potential for improvement with your order. Mine seems to me a bit to optimistic at that moment but wouldn't debate if it becomes true

Kind of hoping that when they call in June with the build date it will be earlier than expected Very Happy

COLLECTED 20th July Very Happy
Ordered 4th April, built 6th July
Pure SD4 auto, Mauritius Blue fogs, signatures, tailgate, power fold mirrors, electric drivers seat,
cirrus/lunar, auto dim mirror, mats.
20-04-2012 05:27pm
Kentboy

Just been advised a registration number so we are getting very close to delivery. Ol
Bly a few more sleeps!
I should say though that I have been advised of the registration number in a letter that took three days to get to me. I don't understand why the dealer hasn't phoned or dropped me an email when the car is going to be early and it must be a great call to make. I just don't get dealers.

If I hadn't asked them I would have heard nothing from them from the day I placed the order (10th March) until yesterday. I would have expected contact to check my spec before it went to build just in case I had changed my mind on anything.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2012 09:19am by Kentboy.)
01-07-2012 09:13am
Evo-king

(01-07-2012 09:13am)Kentboy Wrote:  I don't understand why the dealer hasn't phoned or dropped me an email when the car is going to be early and it must be a great call to make. I just don't get dealers.

If I hadn't asked them I would have heard nothing from them from the day I placed the order (10th March) until yesterday. I would have expected contact to check my spec before it went to build just in case I had changed my mind on anything.

My salesman certainly kept me up to speed with our order, and also made the call "your order has come forward".

As far as spec goes, again my salesman was on top of the situation re spec, and asked us to submit a final spec before they were due the allocation which our order would be in, having said that we were probably a real PITA as we were in the showroom regularly, trying to see different Evoques as they were coming through the system, as their showroom models were limited in choice and spec.

For those of you who are undecided just keep visiting the showroom.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
01-07-2012 06:52pm
Kentboy

(01-07-2012 06:52pm)Evo-king Wrote:  My salesman certainly kept me up to speed with our order, and also made the call "your order has come forward".

As far as spec goes, again my salesman was on top of the situation re spec, and asked us to submit a final spec before they were due the allocation which our order would be in, having said that we were probably a real PITA as we were in the showroom regularly, trying to see different Evoques as they were coming through the system, as their showroom models were limited in choice and spec.

For those of you who are undecided just keep visiting the showroom.

Advise its on its way from the factory and we have a collection slot of Saturday at 9am if it arrives by tomorrow. Only 4 more sleeps!!!!! Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Insurance in place, new wash and rinse buckets, 30 microfibre cloths, everything Gtechniq sell and just used my Debit Card to pay for the larges thing I have ever purchased on a debit card!!

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 07:03pm by Kentboy.)
03-07-2012 06:56pm
Paul114

Kentboy - quite jealous to be honest - ordered it April 24th, expected build end August Sad particularly as I might be on holiday and have an extra three week wait !

I have noted the comments re dealers on here - we tried two dealers in Kent - one refused to talk to my wife and talked directly to me the whole time, but we ended up in Edenbridge and its been great from the moment we walked in the showroom.

Ordered 24th April '12 - Prestige Auto, Pan roof, Blind Spot, Surround Cameras, Mudflaps, Adaptive lights in Orkney Grey + Spirit interior
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2012 11:32am by Paul114.)
04-07-2012 11:29am