Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New member, trying to decide on my order
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: New member, trying to decide on my order

3 seater bench in the Dynamic plus looks better than the two seat option with the strange additional bolstering for the shoulders. Also I think that the 3 seater will appeal to more come time to change your car.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-09-2011 09:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
simonc

The more I think it through and weigh up the pro's and con's, the more I'm leaning towards the Si4 at the moment (I'm coming from a 230K CLK so would like to retain a comparable performance if I can), so my order is likely to look like:

Si4 5 Door Dynamic in Firenze Red w/ Black contrast panoramic roof, vortex w/ ebony headlining, keyless entry & spare wheel.

Spoke to my dealer today about test driving the petrol but unfortunately they are about to send their only Si4 model (along with a couple of other models) to do some promo work for the Southampton boat show for a couple of weeks so I won't get to drive that till after they get it back - unless I try another dealer I guess.

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
13-09-2011 10:03pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Simon get you dealer to get you onto the Unleashed events that will be running at the boat show, then you will get a 50-60 minute test drive on your own, I cannot remember if they had Si4's available for test driving on the Unleashed event I went to but you could ask.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-09-2011 10:14pm
mark_n

(13-09-2011 09:28pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  3 seater bench in the Dynamic plus looks better than the two seat option with the strange additional bolstering for the shoulders.

Your opinion Tim, not mine. To my eyes, the individual rear seats enhances the cabin look and complements the coupe styling. As always, each to his own.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
14-09-2011 02:16am
x5pea

I wouldn't worry about the performance of the diesel, if you need to beef it up a remap will get you similar figures to that of the std petrol cars id expect. We have ordered an SD4 and were lucky enough to get one out on the unleashed event for just under an hour and it felt pretty quick for what it is and I'm used to our Supercharged RRS and a Supercharged FFRR.

For me residual value is an important factor to bear in mind personally i wouldn't buy an entry level model and spec it up, irrespective of what motoring magazines are saying, i expect you will struggle to get back the cost of these extras once demand has reached its peak and starting to diminish. Back when LR released the RRS, demand was very high and people were paying way over list for physical cars which in turn ensured the high residuals seen for the first 3 years or so. The RRE isn't in the same market as the RRS, although i do not dispute the fact that prices will remain high for the first 12-18 months due to demand, there are less people in this new RRE market willing to pay over list which will see more basic models suffering first. Coupled with the fact that the factory is much better than it was in the early days of the RRS i expect we will seen much greater production volumes than that of the RRS.

My advice.... Buy a SD4 Dynamic in Grey, White or Silver or Black and you won't go wrong, Spec a Pure with 6/7k of extras and be prepared for a higher loss than others are seeing. Id also think with the way the world & the car market is moving at the moment the petrol models will suffer first in terms of a price falls.

The above is simply my thought process of course don't buy a car just based on whats its going to be worth, you have to enjoy it after all. I hope some of that info helped slightly if not feel free to complete ignore all my comments. Wink
(14-09-2011 02:16am)mark_n Wrote:  
(13-09-2011 09:28pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  3 seater bench in the Dynamic plus looks better than the two seat option with the strange additional bolstering for the shoulders.

Your opinion Tim, not mine. To my eyes, the individual rear seats enhances the cabin look and complements the coupe styling. As always, each to his own.

I do kinda agree I think it suits the car with the upgraded front seats, however not my cup of tea with 2 kids Laughing
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2011 08:24am by x5pea.)
14-09-2011 08:16am