Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New here!! Finally got an Evoque :)
HeartbreakRidge

RE: New here!! Finally got an Evoque :)

(03-09-2014 11:02pm)bangsters Wrote:  OK so I stopped byt he dealer, and bad news is that they told me it's only standard in Canada and not in the US. Sad

Maybe I should swap the headlight units as some of the other owners do, and replace with HID with signature LED??

Btw, is it true that US versions of pure don't have DRL enabled?

I think my dealer told me that all US Evoques do not have DRL enabled. I think the signature LED is enough for that purpose, and if you don't have the Vision pack with the Xenon headlights (and the signature LED), I would HIGHLY recommend them - so much brighter, wider and deeper illumination than halogens.

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
04-09-2014 03:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bangsters

Thanks for the replies guys. Been up til early morning browsing this forum lol... i'm really enjoying this car, couldn't have made a better choice Smile

Since my roof is same color as the body, I'm looking to change it. I really like the different roof color on the higher models. I was thinking of using 3M wrap (carbon fiber wrap or just glossy black?), or plastidip. Something that won't be permanent in case I decide to revert back to stock.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Anyone else done it? I tried looking in the forums but couldn't find anyone who did it on their roof.
04-09-2014 05:07pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bee

all the uk pure have the single led drl built into the headlight. all new uk cars have to be fitted with them now. if they are not fitted by law in usa then maybe
that the reason for not being standard fit.replacing the headlights to xenon with signature leds is difficult and expensive. just a thought but i think the fogs
would make good drls if they could be powered via the ingition. shouldnt be a big job for a auto electrician.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
04-09-2014 06:55pm
HeartbreakRidge

I do recall reading that DRLs can be enabled but that's something the dealer has to handle (probably because it's software related).

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
04-09-2014 07:00pm
bangsters

yea kinda gave up on having the DRLs automatically turn on...for now at least.... the car is a blast to drive with or without it...now looking at other stuff, particularly changing the roof color. currently it's same as the body and would like the contrast look.
04-09-2014 11:03pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bangsters

has anyone here bought any xenon headlight assembly (the ones with signature led) on ebay and got them to work on the non xenon car? Is it just swapping out the headlight assemblies?
09-09-2014 03:54pm
bee

one or two have been converted in usa expensive and difficult conversion could invalidate the warranty.Sad

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
09-09-2014 04:11pm
bangsters

ouch.... and I thought it would be just plug and play type of thing. Sad
09-09-2014 04:33pm
bee

thats what i was hoping for, but at least in uk we get the single led drls which look quite good.Smile

09-09-2014 04:40pm
markdartj

It is possible to get your car retrofitted with HID. However, it is more involved than just plugging in a xenon unit. Xenon units run with a much higher energy requirement, and from what I hear, you need ballasts to provide extra oomph to power them. There are also the self leveling bits and pieces which need to be installed. You are looking at a pretty hefty price tag for all of this. if you do go with self evening HID, then power washers are going to be needed (they are required by law in UK). What happens if a film of debris forms on the outside, the headlights will focus up into the eyes of oncoming cars. As far as I know, there are no laws yet in the US requiring the power washers. Do diligent research before undertaking a retrofit to HID. I have found all this out by reading other forums. Good luck, and happy motoring.
10-09-2014 09:40am