Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How are you liking 'keyless entry'....
alibeau

How are you liking 'keyless entry'....

Hubby collected his RRS on Wednesday and it has keyless entry which my Evoque will also have.

At the moment (and I know it has only been a couple of days) he doesn't really like it...... bearing in mind that on his last RRS you had to press a button on the fob to unlock, once for drivers door, twice for the remaining doors and then put the key into the ignition....

He is in the habit of having locked the car, trying one of the door handles to double check it is locked, of course if he does that now the door opens again Laughing Also he can't get used to having 'nowhere' to put his keys once inside the car.....

Have you all adapted to keyless entry?? Is he just struggling to move with the times Laughing

Ali Very Happy

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
30-09-2011 11:01am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

RE: How are you liking 'keyless entry'....

On my Lexus I check the rear door to see if it is closed. Just as easy.
I keep my key in my pocket all the time.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
30-09-2011 11:06am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Have learned to adapt my ways with it, although I don't check that doors have locked because on mine when the doors lock the mirrors fold and the indicators flash even if I brush the ridged section of the door lock. I can still (and sometimes do) use the fob to lock the car though. What I do find a bit annoying is the number of times I get "cannot find keyfob" on the dash when it's in my trouser pocket within a metre of the sensor..................... then I have to get the fob out and place it close to the underside of the steering column.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-09-2011 11:09am
Craig_d1

I love keyless go. We have it on our disco4, and like Tim says, when you get out the car and push the button on the door handle, the mirrors fold and the indicators flash. If the car doesn't lock(normally happens when I'm with my wife and she has the keys) the car will emit a beep.
As for not knowing where to put the keys...tell him to keep them in his pocket. Then he can't forget to take them out of the car and lock himself out.
30-09-2011 11:33am
griff

I've had keyless entry on my BMW for four years. I tend to wear a shirt with a top pocket and just keep the key in there and I have no problem.

I do find at one place I go to the wifi screws up my key. All I do then is unlock and lock the car with the fob.
Works well for me

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2011 01:09pm by griff.)
30-09-2011 11:51am
Token

I hate keyless entry and keyless go...it's cool but frankly it's just a nuisance and for me, adds no value. However, it comes with the LUX pack so I will just have to live with it!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
30-09-2011 01:06pm
ant

I'm loving it so far. Still getting used to not having to remove the key from the ignition, but it will come with time. Just leaving te fob in my pocket now and touching the ridges on the handle to lock. Mirrors fold in as a confirmation. Great.
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
30-09-2011 02:43pm
vinda

Love it. So useful when hands are full. Or got the baby in caraway to put into car.
02-10-2011 12:20am
vcruiser

Had this on my mercedes and loved it.

I hate the fact that my RRS doesn't have it, so I'm damn excited to have this feature again!
02-10-2011 12:29am