Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New car dec or jan
jrinns

New car dec or jan

No slot yet but if your car was built in dec, can you hold off registration till 2012?
23-10-2011 10:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andyuk

RE: New car dec or jan

If you ain't got a slot yet you won't be getting any Evoque in 2011 more likely late spring early Summer 2012.

Mine was ordered in July with build slot given straight away but my delivery date has been put back till Jan from Dec.

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
23-10-2011 11:07pm
ED209

(23-10-2011 11:07pm)andyuk Wrote:  If you ain't got a slot yet you won't be getting any Evoque in 2011 more likely late spring early Summer 2012.

Mine was ordered in July with build slot given straight away but my delivery date has been put back till Jan from Dec.

Are you sure this is how it works?

I ordered in June, My car is one of the next batch of orders my dealer will put through to landrover from the holding pool. I anticipate this will be early november. Hopefully build in December or January. I was given 24th Jan as my provisional date when i ordered. I can see no good reason why it would take 6 months from full final spec going in to delivery.

If when my build/delivery date is confirmed it ends up being next summer the order will get cancelled simple as that. I hope that this is not the case as I want the car, I am however not willing to wait a full year for delivery. Something newer and better from another manufacturer will probably be out by then.
24-10-2011 08:43am
RacingSnake

(23-10-2011 10:23pm)jrinns Wrote:  No slot yet but if your car was built in dec, can you hold off registration till 2012?
Ignoring the first bit... the second bit, yes absolutely.
But the dealers will always be quite keen to register it before the new year to bolster target numbers, but you can certainly put a hold on that...
Even though I'm not expecting mine until the end of Q1, I would certainly expect to hold fire into a new year, or if close, into a new registration year. (ie 12 plate).
24-10-2011 11:44am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jrinns

(24-10-2011 08:43am)ED209 Wrote:  
(23-10-2011 11:07pm)andyuk Wrote:  If you ain't got a slot yet you won't be getting any Evoque in 2011 more likely late spring early Summer 2012.

Are you sure this is how it works?

I ordered in June, My car is one of the next batch of orders my dealer will put through to landrover from the holding pool. I anticipate this will be early november. Hopefully build in December or January. I was given 24th Jan as my provisional date when i ordered. I can see no good reason why it would take 6 months from full final spec going in to delivery.

If when my build/delivery date is confirmed it ends up being next summer the order will get cancelled simple as that. I hope that this is not the case as I want the car, I am however not willing to wait a full year for delivery. Something newer and better from another manufacturer will probably be out by then.

This is my understanding, i have a december slot reserved with no exact date as i was told these must open at a certain time for the dealer to add spec for that build slot. They are then given exact date based on spec ie xenons or panny roof may equal a delay dependent on model
24-10-2011 08:08pm
mark_n

Ah, I think the mistake you are making is thinking that a December build slot will be built in December. Some of us have had orders in for months, finalised, ready to go and still the cars are going to be late by several months compared to what they were saying just a few weeks ago.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
24-10-2011 09:07pm
xxxx5

No slot ........... Summer 2012 before you drive off into sun set in your car.. Simples!

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
24-10-2011 09:23pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Summer? More like Autumn 2012 now for some models, unless you want whatever the dealership has on the forecourt/ showroom floor when you could drive off in one by the end of the week

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 24-10-2011 09:39pm by XFullFatTim.)
24-10-2011 09:39pm
vision*R

Still my dealer claims the same thing jrinns has described. There's a reserved build slot in December, but confirmed specs still need to be passed on to LR. My order has been in since January and specs haven't been changed since April, so I would be furious if my dealer is just sitting there letting my delivery slide backwards!

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
24-10-2011 10:59pm