Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Range Rover
rchrdleigh

RE: New Range Rover

Order books open in the UK later this month for first deliveries in January 2013.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 10:29pm by rchrdleigh.)
06-09-2012 08:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Some nice touches in the spec and some things you wonder how LR justifies the extra cost for..............

Electrically deployable tow hitch.................. no cost given yet but you can bet it will be more than £1k as FFRR removable system on my last one was more than £1000.

Mood lighting has option of 10 colours..........

22" Style 6 wheels (I wonder if LR has fitted Freelander/Evoque hubs to the new car?)

Meridian 825W surround sound like Evoque's - £4000 option for a 1700w system is available on all derivatives ........ radio cannot be switched on with the engine stopped to preserve battery life Wink

There are loads more options on the centre screen - anybody for auto on massage seats, or timed on for them?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-09-2012 09:27am
J77

I am very impressed with the new Range, it's instantly recognisable as a range rover but also completely different at the same time. Had a play with the configurator online I think I got my spec to about £75k, fog lights an option on a £71k car though.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
18-09-2012 10:16am
XFullFatTim

Lol and I see the "beige" colour that we keep seeing in photos is a standard colour "Luxor", should appeal to the over 70's. Really makes you wonder what the beancounters are thinking of when they make foglights on a £72k car an extra cost option.............. folks buying in that price range expect that sort of thing to be a standard fitting.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2012 11:12am by XFullFatTim.)
18-09-2012 11:09am
chiggy

Has anyone seen the new two tone colours on the configurator for the supercharged autobiography?

8k for paint!!! and the colours are ridiculous too!

Also - there's about 20 different colours too! and 4-5 different types of black!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
(This post was last modified: 15-10-2012 03:18am by chiggy.)
15-10-2012 03:18am
XFullFatTim

£8k is the cheaper of the two options............... there is a 2nd more expesnive one as well. Contrast roof is also an option - and now you can spec your Defender with a contrast roof (it used to be an NCO to have a white roof on a coloured body for years and years! That's progress)

15-10-2012 09:34am
Westy

I came home from a flight on Friday night and my good lady collected me from birmingham airport, as we were leaving we saw some cars parked near the staff car park close to the main building, in the corner was a new FFRR and next to it was an evoque, both dirty with no rear badges blocked in by some Jags.

My initial reaction was wow, looking again the wow should go to the Evoque, even my good lady said I prefer the Evoques lines,

car looked special but IMO I prefer the muscle chiselled lines of the Evoque

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
15-10-2012 04:32pm