http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-ca...l-launched

10-01-2013 10:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Filski

Evoque Special Edition: The Bumblebee

Apologies if this has already been posted but couldn't find a reference to this

Meet the Range Rover Evoque Special Edition
[Image: 694BD2E1175F32361E9B5AA0C4A0_h498_w598_m2.jpg]

Quote:This is the brand new Range Rover Evoque Limited Edition. And as you can see, it's quite yellow. And Black.

Land Rover is rather pleased at how well its little baby has wormed its way into the affections of you lot over the past year; more than 100,000 models have found homes. Not at all coincidentally, we made it our Car of the Year for 2011, so erm, you're welcome, world.

Anyway, this new Limited Edition is a paint-and-trim special, offering up the ‘Sicilian Yellow' paint and black roof as seen above, or vice versa (black body, yellow roof). Think of it as a bumblebee; a bumblebee that gets contrast yellow stitching and an anodised yellow horizontal finisher for the inside too.

This new trim special also debuts the ‘Black Design Pack' available independently from this bumblebee Edition from April. In it, you will find a rear sports spoiler, darkened front head and fog lights, black Range Rover lettering, 20in black forged alloy wheels, painted black bumper sections and dark exhaust finishers. Shady.

It'll be offered on the Evoque ‘Dynamic' derivative, with prices starting from around £44,000. Land Rover says it's all about more styling choice for your Range Rover Evoque. "Such a striking colour combination attributes itself to the already unique styling of the Evoque," notes LR Global Director John Edwards.
http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/range-r...2013-01-10

Note bolded text for anybody considering an order in the next couple of months. Don't mind the yellow but happy with firenze personally.
10-01-2013 10:55am
PhilSkill

RE: New Range Rover Evoque special launched

Darkened headlights and fog lights and Black lettering along with a Black Pack and New spoiler... Think they are copying you Cutter Laughing
This made me laugh!

Quote:Sicily grows 9 out of 10 of Italy's lemons. But I expect JLR didn't want to call it the Lemon Edition....

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 10:58am by PhilSkill.)
10-01-2013 10:56am
cutter7

(10-01-2013 10:56am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Darkened headlights and fog lights and Black lettering along with a Black Pack and New spoiler... Think they are copying you Cutter Laughing

Laughing i'm glad mine doesn't look like a banana...

10-01-2013 10:59am
WB
WB

interesting but a shame that what LR think we need another very niche colour considering how few Colima's we see on the road...
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 11:01am by WB.)
10-01-2013 11:01am
PhilSkill

(10-01-2013 10:59am)cutter7 Wrote:  Laughing i'm glad mine doesn't look like a banana...

And briused on top, Like most Bananas from Sainsbury's!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
10-01-2013 11:06am
alibeau

Disappointing Sad (the colour that is........)

I have been waiting for news on any sport/special editions and so to find it's only available in one colour is rubbish. Yellow is not my thing, other than that I love the look of the car. Had it been offered in a colour I like I would definitely be taking a closer look....

Ali Smile

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
10-01-2013 12:42pm
berlin2011

Agree the colour is rubbish, but like the 'Black design pack' - I think OG Dynamic with Black Design Pack could just be the thing for a next evoque.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
10-01-2013 01:31pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Another way to milk more money for the brand. I thought "special" editions were only for cars failing to move off the dealers' showroom floor not cars they cannot make enough of. Will have to check there isn't a Peugeot to Citroen badge somewhere on it.....
Colours like that also don't do residuals any good as they only appeal to a very small number of people. Anyway what has happened to the much hyped Beckham Edition? Have any ever been sold?

The "Special" rear spoiler doesn't look any different to the one that was standard on the early cars as well.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 02:18pm by XFullFatTim.)
10-01-2013 02:09pm
WB
WB

(10-01-2013 02:09pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Another way to milk more money for the brand. I thought "special" editions were only for cars failing to move off the dealers' showroom floor not cars they cannot make enough of. Will have to check there isn't a Peugeot to Citroen badge somewhere on it.....
Colours like that also don't do residuals any good as they only appeal to a very small number of people. Anyway what has happened to the much hyped Beckham Edition? Have any ever been sold?

The "Special" rear spoiler doesn't look any different to the one that was standard on the early cars as well.

Yep there's not one but two Beckham's on ebay - one at £90k and the other at £100k!!!!

Neither ad contains a photo of an actual car and one of them states there are only 8 in the UK. ONe of the members on here saw VB cars being built on a factory tour not too long ago.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-Land-Rove...43b6a0eb09

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Ran...337f1ae874
10-01-2013 02:33pm