Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New RRS at the Suffolk show
doug

New RRS at the Suffolk show

It's as lovey in the metal as it's pictures.
Now the good news for me is that my wife likes it, shes not at all keen on the RRE, saying its not a proper LR after the D3 we used to own & wanted a D4. But the new RRS has the looks of the RRE with the size of car she likes. So in two years time when I change my car, the RRS prices will be discounted so I should be able to pick up a nearly new one at the price I can afford.

My thoughts on the RRS.
with the third row of seats up, there isn't any boot space left (nothing different from the D4)
the cabin didn't feel as special as I would have liked (it's a cross between the old RRS & RRE)

The sales team where very keen to point out, It's a pre production model which aren't out yet, the order books are full so you went be able to get one until next year .nothing new there.

The true test for any car is always carried out by my team of button & trim testers (7 & 4 year old) I'm please to say that after they pulled & pushed every inch of this car, it's still in one piece. Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 29-05-2013 09:51pm by doug.)
29-05-2013 09:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: New RRS at the Suffolk show

(29-05-2013 09:50pm)doug Wrote:  shes not at all keen on the RRE, saying its not a proper LR

Wash her mouth out with soap! Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-05-2013 10:00pm
doug

Phil,
It was touch & go once when she told me I hate driving your car. You may think this was a good thing, but as its the weekend family bus if she wouldn't drive it, I would have to sell upSad

But this is a lady who won't let me repair the large dent in the side of her car as its a battle mark or even likes me washing itShocked she has no interest for cars what so ever.

One more point on the RRS.
The gear knob, it's gone back to having one. No chrome dial.

(This post was last modified: 30-05-2013 05:20pm by doug.)
30-05-2013 05:17pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It's a BMW style shifter for the new RRS

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-05-2013 07:33pm
doug

(30-05-2013 07:33pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It's a BMW style shifter for the new RRS

It's nice, but not as cool as the dial. The chrome hand shake dial was one of the first things I ever noticed when the first pictures of the RRE come out & thought how modern it looked. Then in 2012 they added it on to the D4 & RRS (not sure about the full fat). Now it's like LR are going back a step by using the shifter.

30-05-2013 08:29pm
XFullFatTim

Yes both the old and new FFRR and all the new Jaguars have the rising shifter - maybe LR thought it had to be a bit different with the RRS

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-05-2013 08:40pm
WB
WB

(30-05-2013 08:40pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Yes both the old and new FFRR and all the new Jaguars have the rising shifter - maybe LR thought it had to be a bit different with the RRS

Odd move - probably an unfortunate outcome of a customer feedback clinic - or maybe they'll introduce it on the 2015 model? Is the gearbox itself the same as on the FFRR?
06-06-2013 12:17pm
XFullFatTim

Yes except you don't get the transfer box and low ratios as standard now, they are an option - helps reduce weight by a lot of KGs and thus reduce CO2 emissions. All the other automatics fitted to RRS, D4 and FFRR are 8 speeders, not sure about the Freelander2. Evoque will be the first to get the 9 speeder later this year

07-06-2013 03:06am
J77

Still just the 6 Tim in the Freely, we won't see a new auto until the Freelander 3/baby disco or whatever it's going to be called comes along.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
08-06-2013 11:11pm