Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New RRS
musher

New RRS

Hi everyone was travelling up North yesterday to visit some of the wife's family for the long weekend and whilst travelling up the A34 towards the M40 caught something in my rear view mirror that looked really impressive fast approaching me. As it went flying past noticed it was a new RRS but what stood out was the front/back number plates had what I can only describe as a white sheet or something covering them up. The thing was once I got onto the M40 noticed 3 more all different colours but all had their number plates covered with this white sheet of something. To be honest with you not quite sure if I liked what I saw as it just seems like a bigger Evoque to me, slanting rear roof included and the front doesn't look anything different than the new FFRR. Maybe I might change my mind when I see one in my local showroom but from what I've seen yesterday won't be rushing out to buy one (he says now lol)

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
03-05-2013 10:45am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: New RRS

I know what you mean - the silver one that I saw about 2 weeks ago made me look twice thinking it was a FFRR but the side vents and bumpers confirmed it was a new RRS. It had a regular VX** *** number plate.
03-05-2013 12:35pm
cutter7

New RRS

(03-05-2013 10:45am)musher Wrote:  Hi everyone was travelling up North yesterday to visit some of the wife's family for the long weekend and whilst travelling up the A34 towards the M40 caught something in my rear view mirror that looked really impressive fast approaching me. As it went flying past noticed it was a new RRS but what stood out was the front/back number plates had what I can only describe as a white sheet or something covering them up. The thing was once I got onto the M40 noticed 3 more all different colours but all had their number plates covered with this white sheet of something. To be honest with you not quite sure if I liked what I saw as it just seems like a bigger Evoque to me, slanting rear roof included and the front doesn't look anything different than the new FFRR. Maybe I might change my mind when I see one in my local showroom but from what I've seen yesterday won't be rushing out to buy one (he says now lol)

I've just been driving down the M40 towards Oxford and I was behind the same RRS the back and front bumpers are covered in large white card with a blue cross on each piece and its driving on trade plates.

I've tried to take a photo from behind and I do agree it looks very FFRR.. nothing special for a Sport model?

[Image: maryhesu.jpg]
03-05-2013 01:28pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: New RRS

They are getting them ready for the big launch event at Windsor. I saw 3 around Gaydon last week on the M40 but they were still in the White,black and grey WW1 Maritime Camoflage covers

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 01:57pm by XFullFatTim.)
03-05-2013 01:57pm