Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Member/ New *Potential* Buyer
SnatZ

Hi all, brand new member here.

I am looking to buy myself an Evoque Dynamic Lux SD4 (Automatic) 5dr.

Probably looking to have it in Orkney Grey although I don't know whether there is a change of colour coming in due to a possible change in MY soon? (I have been lead to believe this is a possibility by a friend).

Are there any 'must-haves' that anybody thinks absolutely should be spec'd with the car? Or suggestions/advice of any kind really.

Although economy isn't a major concern - does the 9 speed gearbox fair better? I'd seen that the original auto evoques would struggle getting anywhere near the quoted figures.

I am coming from a Peugeot RCZ GT 200bhp that i bought in 2012 from new, however due to a good change in job, I now drive 100+ miles per day so think something of comfort/luxury would be nice. Hopefully I won't miss the driving dynamics of a nice low planted coupe.

I just turned 24 at the weekend, so something like this may seem an odd choice for someone my age, but I think the RRE is a nice vehicle to be driving - and definitely something I will appreciate on the drive home after a long day. Plus friends/family will appreciate me being able to drive more than one of them around hehe.

Any comments/suggestions/questions are very much appreciated Smile

Thanks,

Mark
28-04-2014 03:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MarkA_

Go for it, you won't regret it. Smile

I came from a BMW 1 series coupe and although I miss it I love the evoque.

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
28-04-2014 05:35pm
HeartbreakRidge

RE: New Member/ New *Potential* Buyer

I would highly recommend the pano roof (makes the cabin SO much better, and gives any rear seat passengers a good view), the Xenon headlights (so much better than halogen), and the blind spot monitoring (for obvious reasons).

If you might be in climates where it gets chilly, the heated seats and steering wheel are a nice add!

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
28-04-2014 05:56pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Snatz welcome to the forum.
In the UK heated seats are standard on Dynamic, but you could treat the rear seat passengers to heated rear seats. The Adaptive Bixenons are worth having as is the heated steering wheel. Many would say the optional spare wheel/ tyre is an essential, but I haven't had it on either of my Evoques and haven't (yet) needed one. The Panoramic roof does make a big difference to the cabin lightness and airiness but while desirable isn't essential on the 5 door, it does come as part of the Lux pack though.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-04-2014 06:08pm
SnatZ

Thanks one and all for the comments and opinions. I agree, xenons is a must, as well as the roof and heated seats. Blind spot monitoring slipped under the radar of my spec i must say!

I haven't had a spare wheel with anything other than my first car - all the rest have had the repair kits that seem to be popular. So not sure on that one!

Does the heated steering wheel actually make much difference (obviously more so in our cold winter months here in the UK)? I've always thought this could be a bit of a hit and miss option with cars.

Silly question - do the adaptive xenons feature motors that turn the xenons when you turn the steering wheel? I have this currently and this would be very desirable.

Hmm heating the rear seats....am i THAT nice.... Wink

Thanks again,

Mark
28-04-2014 06:21pm
HeartbreakRidge

(28-04-2014 06:21pm)SnatZ Wrote:  Silly question - do the adaptive xenons feature motors that turn the xenons when you turn the steering wheel? I have this currently and this would be very desirable.

at least in the US spec, if you have Xenons (though the Vision assist pack or the trim level) it comes with that feature.

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
28-04-2014 06:25pm
SnatZ

Great stuff, thanks Smile

Having re-read the first line in my second post. I hope everyone realises that when i say the roof is a must..... they realise i mean the panoramic.

No roof at all would be a major drawback Tongue Out
28-04-2014 06:59pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The adaptives also have a "cornering" spotlight that comes on below 30mph when the indicator on that side is operated or the steering wheel is turned. It sounds frivolous but if you drive at night on narrow country lanes or use multi-storey car-parks a lot that little function is very useful and helps avoid scuffed alloys on the kerb at night. Two ther things that slipped my memory in the other post - automatic dipping rearview mirror is now an extra cost option unless you spec the Intelligence Pack aand as you are going for a Dynamic the AeroFlip extra spoiler that used to be standard is also now an option.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-04-2014 07:25pm
MrNoo

(28-04-2014 06:21pm)SnatZ Wrote:  I haven't had a spare wheel with anything other than my first car - all the rest have had the repair kits that seem to be popular. So not sure on that one!

I'd definitely go with the spare wheel option. Following a puncture in January I was without the wheel (and tyre) for 3 days and if I hadn't had a spec'd the spare wheel option I'd have been really stuck. Also if you decide to add the spare wheel later it'll cost you about £425 rather than £120 as an option.

Arrived - SD4 Prestige, 5 door, manual in Orkney Grey with Element interior. Style 4 wheels, spare wheel & auto-dimming rear view mirror.
Joining MX-5 2.0i convertible.
28-04-2014 08:48pm
Redrob

You may have to choose another colour, as I believe Orkney Grey is now discontinued.
And having a dog, I went for the powered tailgate.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
28-04-2014 10:21pm