Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Evoque spec
fam1x

New Evoque spec

Has any one with the new car opted for any of the new features such as assisted queuing, Incontrol, I would be interested to know if its some worth added as an extra.

Thanks

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
19-12-2013 05:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: New Evoque spec

Assisted queuing will not be available in the UK as it requires adaptive cruise control. Currently In Control is delaying builds until Feb/March 2014, that's why mine hasn't been built yet depsite ordering in Sept for an original November 5th build. There are no Evoques out in public ownership with Incontrol yet

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-12-2013 09:08am
fam1x

Thanks for that think I will be holding off ordering until all specs are available then. I have to say I am a little disappointed with the new car config as its not very user friendly in design. Is it me or LR just didn't publish prices of the car you just configured Sad

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
20-12-2013 10:28am
Stadt Panzer

New Evoque spec

Fam1x

Normally they do so you get an idea of what it's going to cost you, I like having a print out of what the car cost me so that later when I sell it, it gives the buyer of what it really cost when new.

Once the config is up and running properly you'll be able to see the price.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
20-12-2013 02:17pm
fam1x

I done the full config saw the summary of what I want however never got a price just which dealer to go to next Sad

20-12-2013 02:27pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

That's because it is the Global configurator not the UK one which isn't yet live, also why it has things like park heat and adaptive cruise that are available in other markets but not the UK market

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-12-2013 11:15pm
Jeroma

(19-12-2013 05:30pm)fam1x Wrote:  Has any one with the new car opted for any of the new features such as assisted queuing, Incontrol, I would be interested to know if its some worth added as an extra.

Thanks
I received my car 2 weeks ago and did a little over 1000 km up to now. Idid not opt for any of the extra electronic gadgets and I'm happy about that decision.
I looked up the 8 pages explaining the adaptive cruise control, of wich 6 pages of restrictions. As long as I'm not sure which car I'm following I prefer to decide myself about collision avoidance. In so far I wait for the first million dollar court case created by non appliance to the restrictions imposed by the system as it does not fully cover driver's stupidity.
Too many goodies might divert your attention.Embarrassed
So the person that collected her Evoque just before me did back up the car into the garage a few days later and while carefully watching the cameras she forgot to close the tailgate or hit the tailgate button.
Seconds later the tailgate folded through the pano-roof into the car. That's what you call bad luck.Mad

Anyhow on my car the first electronic gremlins are showing their head, so the cruise control is not working as it should and the auto door locking/alarm trigger after 40 seconds is unreliable, to say the alarm is actuated but the doors stay unlocked.

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
21-12-2013 03:05pm