Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Evoque ordered
Briany22

New Evoque ordered

I ordered a Pure auto sd4 early Feb and have been out of the country for most of the time since, a bit surprised to see today that a facelifted Evoque will be available with new engines in five months time.
I asked the salesman last month when would the new engines be due he was adamant that it would not be for at least a year so I went ahead and ordered.
I have had two freelanders for six years now (TD4 and latterly SD4) and have been happy with them but I must admit that after driving an X3 diesel I feel that the JLR diesel is past its sell by date and really look forward to something a bit more updated.
I would like to cancel and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and would I automatically loose my deposit or would I be able to transfer it to a facelifted order (the completed build date for the Evoque is 10th April)

2015 kaikoura stone pure Evoque auto black roof privacy fogs mud flaps mats powerfold and auto lights and wipers

Gone to new home 2012 FRL 2 SD4 GS auto with seat surgeon full leather
10-03-2015 08:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: New Evoque ordered

Our MY15 car arrives at the dealers this week, was a touch frustrated with the MY16 car revisions, however, I'm now happy for these changes to get tested out by other owners.

Although I can't be fully certain, there will be something of a price hike to come with it. So happy to stick for now.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
10-03-2015 10:57pm
Kojak

I'm just hoping the seats will please a lot of people in the MY16.
They've not faired well in the current model for some in their appearance after short term use.

Other than that, unless the engine is far superior there is nothing lost in the current model IMO.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
11-03-2015 09:35am
Briany22

I agree the seats seem to be an issue in the current car and the engine must be a big improvement bearing in mind the length of time that the td4 has been in service.
In my opinion it is a no brainier as the new spec will be better and according to JLR the pricing will be similar
Will be at the dealers tomorrow and see what they say

2015 kaikoura stone pure Evoque auto black roof privacy fogs mud flaps mats powerfold and auto lights and wipers

11-03-2015 12:35pm
Spookball

(11-03-2015 12:35pm)Briany22 Wrote:  I agree the seats seem to be an issue in the current car and the engine must be a big improvement bearing in mind the length of time that the td4 has been in service.
In my opinion it is a no brainier as the new spec will be better and according to JLR the pricing will be similar
Will be at the dealers tomorrow and see what they say

Hi Briany22, what was the outcome of your dealer visit? I am due to pick my new one up next week. Cheers

Brought home on the 27th of March 2015

SD4 Pure Tech, Santorini black, Panoramic roof, folding mirrors, fog lights.
14-03-2015 11:41am
Briany22

(14-03-2015 11:41am)Spookball Wrote:  Hi Briany22, what was the outcome of your dealer visit? I am due to pick my new one up next week. Cheers

Hello Spookball

At first the dealer was adamant that August would not happen other than there would be only one engine available which was an ed type with only two wheel drive. After showing them press releases on the web etc I eventually got them to accept that there was a chance I might be right. Their first stance was sorry but deposit would be lost then eventually it came out that perhaps it could be used against a new model!!
During the discussions I was told that the Sales Manager had rang JLR who had confirmed that their view of the situation was correct!!
I left the dealership still none the wiser so I decided to email JLR myself and as a result received an email back from their Media Centre confirming that dealers would have all the new engines in the showrooms by August. I then passed this email on to my dealer and as I am in Glasgow visiting family I would discuss it with them next week.
When I was in Glasgow I visited Taggarts and spoke to a salesman there who admitted that he had already taken four orders for the facelifted Evoque and was in fact expecting prices and specs for the new models next month!!
I feel that I have really opened a can of worms here and that there is a bit of hokey pokey going on somewhere. Buying a new car should be a rewarding experience (admittedly not hassle free due to having to negotiate with salesmen who do it every day) however I am getting a distinct impression that I have been led down the garden path somewhat.
At the moment I do not know what to do next I really fancy the facelifted model yet apparently my order could arrive as early as next week! or then again should I not just walk away because of the hassle and possible untruths that have really soured the dream

(This post was last modified: 15-03-2015 08:48am by Briany22.)
15-03-2015 08:15am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Personnally (once bitten twice shy and all that stuff) I would not want to be an early adopter of the new engines as there are bound to be a load of technical issues even though JLR will have run millions of TEST miles in cars fitted with them (test drivers treat their car much more sympathetically than Joe Public. Once Joe Public gets to drive them then that is the real test and even though the engine is supposed to be a cracker I would sooner wait for somebody else to have the teething problems. The SD4 in my Dynamic is an excellent engine, quiet and smooth as it should be after all these years in production. The let down has been the 9 speed gear box that was fine until Land Rover decided to "tweak" it a little and succeeded in ruining it. BTW if you read the latest road test of the Discovery Sport compared to the X3 2.0TD and several other competitors in last week's Autocar, the BMW engine is not exactly flattered by the comments that the testers made of it. Powerful and economical yes - smooth and quiet, no, they describe it as "boomy"

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 15-03-2015 09:32am by XFullFatTim.)
15-03-2015 09:22am
Briany22

(15-03-2015 09:22am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Personnally (once bitten twice shy and all that stuff) I would not want to be an early adopter of the new engines as there are bound to be a load of technical issues even though JLR will have run millions of TEST miles in cars fitted with them.............. once Joe Public gets to drive them then that is the real test and even though the engine is supposed to be a cracker I would sooner wait for somebody else to have the teething problems. The SD4 in my Dynamic is an excellent engine, quiet and smooth as it should be after all these years in production. The let down has been the 9 speed gear box that was fine until Land Rover decided to "tweak" it a little and succeeded in ruining it. BTW if you read the latest road test of the Discovery Sport compared to the X3 2.0TD and several other competitors in last week's Autocar, the BMW engine is not exactly flattered by the comments that the testers made of it. Powerful and economical yes - smooth and quiet, no

I understand where you are coming from and after having Freelanders for seven years I also am a fan of the 2.2 diesel (especially with a synergy tuning box)
However I did have a drive in the x3 diesel and in my opinion it was the best part of the car as the ride was no way as good as an Evoque or the new DS.
However I was not aware that the new nine speed auto was an issue to be honest I was looking forward to it as an improvement for performance and economy surely if it was due to software changes then JLR can and should resolve it?
No doubt I will be having a few self inflicted sleepless nights ahead of me

(This post was last modified: 15-03-2015 09:45am by Briany22.)
15-03-2015 09:28am
Edmonton170

Hi, in a similar situation.

I have ordered through a third party (don't think that makes any difference) and told my evoque will be delivered in October 15. A years wait?! I ordered last November...

I was told that there is no news from dealership if I will be having the face lifted version or not? It would be a shame to wait this long and get the old version. The new bumpers makes the pure/pure tech models look a lot better as they do not have colour coded trims (in my opinion).

Anyone had any update? Or think I will be ok for OCTOBER 65 plate?

Also the model ordered is a pure tech pack coupe which will no longer exist if you go off the lamdrover.com website and not .co.uk.

Would I then receive a similar model such as the SE instead?

Many thanks
Deian
15-03-2015 03:55pm
Spookball

(15-03-2015 08:15am)Briany22 Wrote:  
Hello Spookball

At first the dealer was adamant that August would not happen other than there would be only one engine available which was an ed type with only two wheel drive. After showing them press releases on the web etc I eventually got them to accept that there was a chance I might be right. Their first stance was sorry but deposit would be lost then eventually it came out that perhaps it could be used against a new model!!
During the discussions I was told that the Sales Manager had rang JLR who had confirmed that their view of the situation was correct!!
I left the dealership still none the wiser so I decided to email JLR myself and as a result received an email back from their Media Centre confirming that dealers would have all the new engines in the showrooms by August. I then passed this email on to my dealer and as I am in Glasgow visiting family I would discuss it with them next week.
When I was in Glasgow I visited Taggarts and spoke to a salesman there who admitted that he had already taken four orders for the facelifted Evoque and was in fact expecting prices and specs for the new models next month!!
I feel that I have really opened a can of worms here and that there is a bit of hokey pokey going on somewhere. Buying a new car should be a rewarding experience (admittedly not hassle free due to having to negotiate with salesmen who do it every day) however I am getting a distinct impression that I have been led down the garden path somewhat.
At the moment I do not know what to do next I really fancy the facelifted model yet apparently my order could arrive as early as next week! or then again should I not just walk away because of the hassle and possible untruths that have really soured the dream

Thanks Briany, I'm still happy to get my order next weekend, been waiting since the beginning of the year anyway so can't wait any longer. I found the below link which gives a good comparison between the models which might be of use to you. From looking at it the main change is the lights, front number and engines. So depends on how much you want to wait I suppose, I'm too impatient myself. Best of luck whatever you do.

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/02/range...new-169256

Brought home on the 27th of March 2015

SD4 Pure Tech, Santorini black, Panoramic roof, folding mirrors, fog lights.
15-03-2015 04:24pm