Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Evoque Pure Plus - Some Seat and Nav Screen Questions
birdman

New Evoque Pure Plus - Some Seat and Nav Screen Questions

Just brought home a new 2015 Pure Plus with Premium, Drivers Tech, and a few other features. Love the way it drives but I have a couple of questions.

Not sure why I didn't notice this on my test drives but the seat bottom / cushion seems very narrow. I am not a big guy and I surely do not have a big a** but I really find the side bottom seat bolsters dig into the lower sides of my thighs. Even with all the adjustments I still feel it and it is pretty uncomfortable. Any thoughts?

Is there any way of having the Nav map screen on with the radio stations / music source, - some type of split screen? I couldn't see anything like that and I appreciate that I can change music source and stations from the steering wheel even while the Map is displayed on the screen, but you are doing it a little "blind" when the map is onscreen.

Thanx for all the very helpful information I have gathered on this forum so far.
11-03-2015 04:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kugaman1

RE: New Evoque Pure Plus - Some Seat and Nav Screen Questions

(11-03-2015 04:00pm)birdman Wrote:  Just brought home a new 2015 Pure Plus with Premium, Drivers Tech, and a few other features. Love the way it drives but I have a couple of questions.

Not sure why I didn't notice this on my test drives but the seat bottom / cushion seems very narrow. I am not a big guy and I surely do not have a big a** but I really find the side bottom seat bolsters dig into the lower sides of my thighs. Even with all the adjustments I still feel it and it is pretty uncomfortable. Any thoughts?

Is there any way of having the Nav map screen on with the radio stations / music source, - some type of split screen? I couldn't see anything like that and I appreciate that I can change music source and stations from the steering wheel even while the Map is displayed on the screen, but you are doing it a little "blind" when the map is onscreen.

Thanx for all the very helpful information I have gathered on this forum so far.

I totally agree about the seats. However, Im now 3000 miles in with mine and don't notice it - the seats seem to have bedded in.

Don't worry yours will be fine!
11-03-2015 04:32pm
birdman

(11-03-2015 04:32pm)Kugaman1 Wrote:  I totally agree about the seats. However, Im now 3000 miles in with mine and don't notice it - the seats seem to have bedded in.

Don't worry yours will be fine!

Thx because (albeit only after 2 or 3 short drives) it is driving me crazy!
11-03-2015 04:59pm
Kugaman1

Dont worry mate, Im pretty certain you wont think twice about it within a few months.

I was exactly the same, it REALLY bugged me! Im 6ft 2in, 80kg and a frequent gym user so Im hardly oversize! Its just the way theyre designed but they do flatten off to comfortably accept your derriere!!

Oh, also, Ive looked at my satnav and cannot see anyway to split the screen for radio use. However, if using the satnav, I have the radio station displayed on the screen between the dials, that solves the issue for me!
11-03-2015 09:06pm
birdman

Thx. I hope the seat comfort issue goes away cuz right now it is not very comfortable (I did a couple of extended test drives but maybe thought I was sitting on my winter jacket).
I see the radio station display in the screen between the dials. The issue is not so much to see what station I am on, but when I drive with my daughter for example in the front seat, she is constantly jumping between stations and when the Map is on the display, she has to switch it off Map to press the radio pre-sets. Not a big deal but just wondering.
Thx
11-03-2015 09:10pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The daughter needs to learn not to touch controls unless she is driving the car............ they are toys for the driver only! Nothing annoys me more than passengers who should be seen and not touch anything who fiddle with the settings of anything other than their seat heater or their climate control settings..........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 09:22pm by XFullFatTim.)
11-03-2015 09:20pm
jitenc

I have stopped using the satnav. It great if you are going in a straight line on the motorway. Try using it in london in traffic. On numerous occasions, it has half an hour out of the predicted ETA! I now use an satnav app on the mobile phone called 'WAZE' which is in real time and very accurate.
That way, you daughter can be your DJ in the car! Hope that solves your issue.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
12-03-2015 07:52am
Simplesimon

I couldn't agree more about the seats!
New car is fantastic. Can't fault it. But just finding the seats so uncomfortable.
Just the base. Back is fine.
I'm 6' 2" and slim (Oh.and extremely handsome!)
Maybe the Evoque is a woman's car after all. And the model for the seats was Victoria Beckham!
I'm going for some rear end liposuction next week to see if that helps!!
That guy off the 'Moneysupermarket' advert doesn't stand a cat in hells chance!
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2015 05:22pm by Simplesimon.)
12-03-2015 05:17pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I reckon that the Plus pack seats that I have had in both Evoques are the most comfortable car seats I have ever had, even better than those in my 2 x FFRR's which were very comfortable but too flat and couldn't grip you when cornering rapidly.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-03-2015 06:54pm
Simplesimon

(12-03-2015 06:54pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I reckon that the Plus pack seats that I have had in both Evoques are the most comfortable car seats I have ever had, even better than those in my 2 x FFRR's which were very comfortable but too flat and couldn't grip you when cornering rapidly.

Tim. I am starting to regret not going for the plus pack seats now!
Hopefully they will bed in. Funny thing is, the passenger seat Is more comfortable. Which makes SWMBO extremely pleased !!Evil
12-03-2015 08:09pm