Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Car Ordered
5jms5

New Car Ordered

Hi Folks

I have been lurking for a while I used to belong to the Freelander 2 forum. I have pulled the trigger on a Evogue Dynamic Lux in white with black panoramic roof and black wheels. His name is Eric, he has his third birthday soon but only done 20k miles. He has all the bells and whistles which I need the only thing he can't do is make the tea! Loving the split screen TV and navigation, may not get a lot of use from heated steering wheel!
I never had any drama with my FL2 so looking forward to Evoque ownership. Can anyone highlight any major problems? I saw the battery had been changed under warranty is this an issue?

picking him up on Saturday so will post a picture or two!
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2015 06:50am by 5jms5.)
30-05-2015 06:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: New Car Ordered

Early cars had problems with batteries and the Battery Management System software. Those who had persistent battery flattening issues got an absorbed glass mat battery as well as the software changes. My launch day delivery car couldn't hold battery charge more than a week without driving the car until the changes were made, that cured the problem. If yopu don't mind me asking, which dealer are you using as I sold mine to Grange Garage and it was a fully loaded Fuji White Coupe - it was on a Scottish plate starting SW when I sold it to them.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2015 10:01pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-06-2015 09:59pm
5jms5

RE: New Car Ordered

(04-06-2015 09:59pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Early cars had problems with batteries and the Battery Management System software. Those who had persistent battery flattening issues got an absorbed glass mat battery as well as the software changes. My launch day delivery car couldn't hold battery charge more than a week without driving the car until the changes were made, that cured the problem. If yopu don't mind me asking, which dealer are you using as I sold mine to Grange Garage and it was a fully loaded Fuji White Coupe - it was on a Scottish plate starting SW when I sold it to them.

Hi Folks

Thanks for the reply about the battery Tim. Different car I think. Mine has black roof and wheels a five door Dynamic Lux with a few extras. The dealer is near Ascot in Berkshire.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2015 10:19pm by 5jms5.)
04-06-2015 10:15pm