Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Negative Consumer Reports Review
LDT

RE: Negative Consumer Reports Review

Don't shoot the messenger! puchanix merely posted a review, he/she is not responsible for the content.

I am not surprised to read a less favourable review than usual - it would be very strange if 100% of reviews were pro Evoque, an anti review was inevitable at some point.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
26-01-2012 07:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LIONHEAD

When I see vids of CR doing car reviews I just have to laugh. They should stick to what their good at....reviewing toaster ovens and typewriters. Wink
26-01-2012 07:19pm
puchanix

Tim,

Are you suggesting CR tests are rigged? That they have inept drivers? That they are on BMW's payroll? I read Motor Trend's review, as well as most other reviews of the Evoque. Most have been mostly very positive indeed. Yet CR's test seem pretty valid to me. Have you seen the video of their test on the CR site? It shows the wheel lifting during the avoidance maneuver and the back sliding when taking a sharp corner. Maybe your point is that their tests don't reflect real life circumstances? I know CR has been criticized in the past for putting products through unrealistic tests...

As I said before, I have an Evoque on order which I expect to purchase. So I have no interest in "damaging" the brand. Just looking for an open discussion...

Cheers,

P.
26-01-2012 07:23pm
Coolbanana

Interesting really - I've Googled and come up with the following:

http://community.thehour.com/autoblog/20...er-evoque/

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/26/4216481...oints.html

The Evoque tested was an American version of the Pure. Judging by the price listed in the article the test car was a basic model with no Adaptive Dynamics...while I would venture to suggest CR are being quite harsh with their observations regardless, it would be true to say that most, if not all, of the very positive road tests by other publications have been with car's equipped with Adaptive Dynamics....car's that do handle better as a result.

Of course, for those who aren't interested in what Adaptive Dynamics offers, the Evoque is still a fantastic package. CR have raised some 'concerns' but I do not agree that they outweigh the positives since the perceived negatives in their eye's are not nearly as bad as suggested.

Edit: Just looked at the US LR website and it appears Adaptive Dynamics is only on the Dynamic model and an option at that!

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
(This post was last modified: 26-01-2012 09:05pm by Coolbanana.)
26-01-2012 08:42pm
The Valeter

(26-01-2012 05:47pm)PAT Wrote:  It's funny how the RRE has won so many awards and accolades around the world that only CR have come out with that slant on the car.

Seems to me they don't have a clue Rolling Eyes

I would have normally said it is probably run by Jeremy Clarkson but he likes the Evoque!! Rolling Eyes

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
26-01-2012 09:01pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

I've had my one for a week now and can't fault it. TD4 manual reasonably nippy around town and on open roads, when I had a test drive it was only the SD4 manual that was available at that time and to be honest can't really see where the extra grand went on the SD4.

Handling seems great to me, no choppy ride like the larger cars. I don't need to push the car to its limits so the rear end sliding out is not a concern of mine. The steering I agree feels a bit strange but only as all other land rovers I've owned didn't have EPAS, just a case of getting used to it.

Cabin space is good, I'm on the wrong side of 18 stone and find it easy to get comfy, as for rear passengers space, yes is a bit limited but the two adults I had in the back both had a comfortable journey. Boot space however, can be a little bit limiting for those that need to transport buggies etc but again for me (single guy) it is ample.

That I think is a fair and hopefully unbiased review of my evoque.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
26-01-2012 10:30pm
slee18

All I have to say is a Hater's gonna hate.

For the record CR is a machine of the media in the US. I stopped reading them when they starting taking money from manufactures to review their products. Not shooting the messenger your going to find faults in any car.

Just my 2 cents

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
27-01-2012 05:37am
Stadt Panzer

Negative Consumer Reports Review

First things first. I have a dynamic on order! But I have seen a photo in Germany taken by "Auto Bild allrad" showing the car with its rear right wheel in the air, the photo was taken during an evasion test. The magazine reported that this is not a problem and would not effect the safe handling of the car. At the end of the test it came out top, beating the BMW X1, VW and Audi Q3.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
(This post was last modified: 27-01-2012 07:45am by Stadt Panzer.)
27-01-2012 07:38am
chiggy

I don't think many except those that shop for everything (including underwear) at Walmart are going to pay attention to what CR says.

Its won more awards than most cars have... ever! I doubt one random consumer report review is going to affect its popularity!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
27-01-2012 07:40am
ytshome

I suppose its just like those dreadful tv adverts that leave us thinking "What was that all about?". It's got us thinking and talking about them.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
27-01-2012 11:31am