Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need help persuading myself (plus a few questions!)
slee18

RE: Need help persuading myself (plus a few questions!)

My 2 cents for California. Any car that is brought into Cal needs to be inspected and smogged by the referee station before you can register it. There is a fee involved but I can't remember what it is. California as the strictest emission guidelines probably in the world.

With that said, your best bet for a used one is in the Southern California region. They have more purchasing of LR/RR then in any part of the state and the most dealers. There are about 16 used ones in the California market right now if that is any indications.

Good luck and happy new year

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
31-12-2012 10:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chrisd

RE: Need help persuading myself (plus a few questions!)

(31-12-2012 10:26pm)slee18 Wrote:  My 2 cents for California. Any car that is brought into Cal needs to be inspected and smogged by the referee station before you can register it. There is a fee involved but I can't remember what it is. California as the strictest emission guidelines probably in the world.

With that said, your best bet for a used one is in the Southern California region. They have more purchasing of LR/RR then in any part of the state and the most dealers. There are about 16 used ones in the California market right now if that is any indications.

Good luck and happy new year

Good to know, thanks! And a very happy new year to you too (and to everyone on BabyRR!)
01-01-2013 11:01am
Easty

Re: Need help persuading myself (plus a few questions!)

Don't try and bring a new car to the us. Just sell in the UK and buy again over here. The prices here are far cheaper you will struggle to spend 40k pounds on an evo here. When I left Germany once I sold a 1yr old 600cc bike and bought a new one with some money left over. Do be careful on the recurring taxes here. Some states get you every year for a good chunk of the cars value.
03-01-2013 03:18am