Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nav turn alert question
fstfwd

Nav turn alert question

Just a simple newb question. Is there an option to enable a beep or tone at the point where you are supposed to execute a turn? I've dug around and haven't seen it where I would expect, but I could be looking in the wrong place.

The graphics are nice but with my eyes on the road, it's great to have a "turn right now" alert.

Thanks

2012 Range Rover Evoque
Santorini Black / Ebony
Pure Premium / Illuminated Tread Plates / Luggage Bar
01-12-2012 05:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Nav turn alert question

Simple answer - NO. Don't you get the 400 yards/200 yards/100 yards/take exit spoken messages? I would have thought they were enough.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-12-2012 08:36pm
Tulabb

We had the same problem today. Not use it and Iam not sure I will get use to either ESP if Iam driving into London. Tomtom is much easier to use.
01-12-2012 09:40pm
griff

I find the yardage count down and exit/ turn now instructions fine. you also have the graphics reducing to the actual turning point as well. I found it different, not difficult, at first but now its easy.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
02-12-2012 10:37am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I noticed today watching a video of the new FFRR L405 that they have a complete replica of the main screen in a huge display in the centre of their TFT virtual dash! It exactly replicates the nav screen in the middle of the front console

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-12-2012 10:58pm