Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nail In the Tyre!
Donny Dog

RE: Nail In the Tyre!

(28-02-2013 07:39pm)recordman Wrote:  Look forward to hearing how you got on.

I had a nail in the middle of the tread but the (major name) repairers refused to fix it as they said the nail had gone in at an angle. Had me over a barrel as I needed to use the car and they had an exact replacement in stock. £££ much more than if bought online

I live in the country and regularly unavoidably drive over hawthorn hedge clippings, which farmers allow to fly all over the road. On two occasions I've had tyre repairers refuse to repair a tyre with nothing more than a thorn stuck in them!
28-02-2013 09:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

All Sorted and A Puncture Repair doneVery Happy

The Tyre Place is one of my clients and he said that it was in a repairable position as it wasn't too close to the edge, all sorted in half an hour and for a very reasonable fee! Great ServiceVery Happy

I guess some places will try it on to get a Tyre Sale!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
28-02-2013 10:08pm
speary

Its always good if you can rely on a local supplier that you can trust. where possible I always use Thistlethwaites in Bolton for tyre related stuff

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
01-03-2013 08:59am