Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
My thoughts after 9 days of ownership
Vc

My thoughts after 9 days of ownership

Love it Very Happy. No squeaks, rattles or other intrusive noises. MPG around 27 after 190 miles which considering I only have a 14 mile round trip to work is better than I expected as my old Rav4 was declining on a daily basis and down to 26.3.

No issues with my old iPod nano, in fact the car fixed it as it wouldn't power on but was holding a full charge and would only work when plugged in. The 5 R's to re-set the ipod didn't work either but now it will power on and off without being hooked up to the mains. What a clever car Very Happy

Ride is firmer than I am used to but the seats are oh so comfy Very Happy I wear jeans to work and they do stain the Cirrus/Lunar leather, maybe not the best colour choice but makes the cabin look and feel light and airy. Leather cleaner does get the blue haze off without any effort but it is a weekly clean that I never bargained for Surprised

Major bug bear and the compromise is the lack of visibility over the dumbo ears, I am only 5ft and with the seat at full height I find that the mirrors hide cars on roundabouts!! Also can't see any of the bonnet so parking is interesting. I didn't opt for the front sensors as I've never had them before so didn't see the point, ermmmm.... maybe I should have. I guess I'll just have to get better at guessing how long the bonnet is Laughing

Overall I am delighted despite the dumbo ears and love the Mauritius blue, glad I was brave enough to go for it Very Happy

COLLECTED 20th July Very Happy
Ordered 4th April, built 6th July
Pure SD4 auto, Mauritius Blue fogs, signatures, tailgate, power fold mirrors, electric drivers seat,
cirrus/lunar, auto dim mirror, mats.
29-07-2012 10:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tulabb

RE: My thoughts after 9 days of ownership

(29-07-2012 10:00am)Vc Wrote:  Love it Very Happy. No squeaks, rattles or other intrusive noises. MPG around 27 after 190 miles which considering I only have a 14 mile round trip to work is better than I expected as my old Rav4 was declining on a daily basis and down to 26.3.

No issues with my old iPod nano, in fact the car fixed it as it wouldn't power on but was holding a full charge and would only work when plugged in. The 5 R's to re-set the ipod didn't work either but now it will power on and off without being hooked up to the mains. What a clever car Very Happy

Ride is firmer than I am used to but the seats are oh so comfy Very Happy I wear jeans to work and they do stain the Cirrus/Lunar leather, maybe not the best colour choice but makes the cabin look and feel light and airy. Leather cleaner does get the blue haze off without any effort but it is a weekly clean that I never bargained for Surprised

Major bug bear and the compromise is the lack of visibility over the dumbo ears, I am only 5ft and with the seat at full height I find that the mirrors hide cars on roundabouts!! Also can't see any of the bonnet so parking is interesting. I didn't opt for the front sensors as I've never had them before so didn't see the point, ermmmm.... maybe I should have. I guess I'll just have to get better at guessing how long the bonnet is Laughing

Overall I am delighted despite the dumbo ears and love the Mauritius blue, glad I was brave enough to go for it Very Happy

great feedback!

I literally changes the cirrus to almond yesterday because I was worried about the same thing.

Iam only around 5ft 2 myself and I had the same problem not being able to see the bonet
/morrors covering up some of my view and the back felt really far back so i opt for the front sensor and rear parking camera. When I first sat in the car if felt like a truck (currently driving a mini) and I was too scared to drive it. On the 2nd test drive I just got on with it and forgot about the size and started to enjoy the height!

How are you finding parking so far?
29-07-2012 10:36am
Vc

(29-07-2012 10:36am)Tulabb Wrote:  great feedback!

I literally changes the cirrus to almond yesterday because I was worried about the same thing.

Iam only around 5ft 2 myself and I had the same problem not being able to see the bonet
/morrors covering up some of my view and the back felt really far back so i opt for the front sensor and rear parking camera. When I first sat in the car if felt like a truck (currently driving a mini) and I was too scared to drive it. On the 2nd test drive I just got on with it and forgot about the size and started to enjoy the height!

How are you finding parking so far?

I have now become one of those annoying reverse parkersLaughing

Pure SD4 auto, Mauritius Blue fogs, signatures, tailgate, power fold mirrors, electric drivers seat,
29-07-2012 12:10pm
mark_n

Perhaps you should wear better quality blue jeans which don't leech colour into the first receptive surface they encounter.

Surprised you think the Ride is hard. It is, by some margin, the softest ride of any of my 5 cars and verges on the roly-poly.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
29-07-2012 03:42pm
Craven

I have had mine only slightly longer than you and I am equally pleased.
Glad i was not put off by other people's negatives.
more pleased than I thought with performance and really like the Ipod/Iphone/stereo link up.
All together pleased but wish the seats did not squeeze my thighs at the sides. Diet perhaps....
29-07-2012 04:03pm
Vc

(29-07-2012 03:42pm)mark_n Wrote:  Perhaps you should wear better quality blue jeans which don't leech colour into the first receptive surface they encounter.

Good point Laughing it just seems to be on the lip at the edge of the seat as I kind of have to slide over it with being a short arseVery Happy

Surprised you think the Ride is hard. It is, by some margin, the softest ride of any of my 5 cars and verges on the roly-poly.

It is a bit firmer than the last 5 Ravs I've had and far less body roll on the corners.

29-07-2012 05:54pm
Evo-king

As I have grown in to the car I have begun to use Dynamic setting a lot more when on 'A' roads and dual carriageways, I switch it off when on the motorway.

There is a noticeable difference to the ride and handling 'in my opinion', but not to the point of being uncomfortable.

Not all of us have a stable of cars to match Mark_N's, and cannot compare the Evoque to supercars such as Ferrari or Merc SLS. Not ever having driven one I cannot comment on their superb road holding characteristics but I don't doubt they are very firm. However, they are not really everyday cars and not accessible to all.

I have driven sports cars and track cars, but I need 4x4 and this car fits the bill superbly. On top of that is the higher seating position combined with near hot hatch performance.

One happy customer here.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
29-07-2012 10:04pm
Inges

I use baby wipes on my seats to clean it, it works like a sharm. Only using leather cleaner once in a while. Try some baby wipers next time on your jeans stains. And btw I have Cherry / Ivory interior Smile

Collected: 15.06.2012
Prestige TD4 Santorini Black, Manual, Dyn & Prestige Tech Pack, 825W Sound System, Surround Camera System, Privacy Glass, Adp. Bi-Xenon, Panoramic Roof, Cherry/Ivory

[Image: 166903.png]
(This post was last modified: 30-07-2012 01:01pm by Inges.)
30-07-2012 02:20am
miha.m

Try Levis 501 - 2.500 km (jeans only) on Couture interior - no stains Smile

BR : Miha

Evoque TD4 Prestige (Barolo black, Couture interior)
MINI Cooper S "John Cooper Works" tuning (2004)
Harley Davidson Rocker C - FXCW/C (2009)
30-07-2012 09:50pm
mark_n

Not a Mercedes SLS, an ageing and rather unreliable SL55 AMG... another £500 this month to stop it leaving its hydraulic fluid calling card everywhere it goes...

I think the point I wanted to make was that the RRE in Sport Mode is not hard riding, you may just feel a bit more through the seat of your pants. My dealer warned me away from the temptations of Sport Mode as if it would lead me into a land of darkness from which there is no return... I actually find the floaty feel of a soft car over undulations more uncomfortable than a harder ride but of course, to each his own.

It's definitely worth looking after your seats and the detailing experts can probably advise.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
31-07-2012 05:17am