Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
My thoughts after 9 days of ownership
Evo-king

RE: My thoughts after 9 days of ownership

(31-07-2012 05:17am)mark_n Wrote:  Not a Mercedes SLS, an ageing and rather unreliable SL55 AMG... another £500 this month to stop it leaving its hydraulic fluid calling card everywhere it goes...

I think the point I wanted to make was that the RRE in Sport Mode is not hard riding, you may just feel a bit more through the seat of your pants. My dealer warned me away from the temptations of Sport Mode as if it would lead me into a land of darkness from which there is no return... I actually find the floaty feel of a soft car over undulations more uncomfortable than a harder ride but of course, to each his own.

It's definitely worth looking after your seats and the detailing experts can probably advise.

mark,

I stand corrected on the model of Merc you have, still a fine machine.

I'm debating this point with you because, we are all built differently and think differently, the other cars we drive vary, so we will all interpret feedback from our cars and develop our driving likes and dislikes in various ways. As you say each to their own.

What I do like is that in this Evoque I can drive drive on our potholed roads (we've got more and more appearing by the day here) with thousand of sleeping policeman and not have to worry about the ride it just takes them all in its stride. In other cars I've owned, I should have had that 'I'm not drunk, I'm just avoding potholes' sticker fitted.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
31-07-2012 09:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Try Buckinghamshire, roads have appauling pot-holes!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
31-07-2012 11:07pm
Evo-king

I'm familiar with them I used to work there.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
01-08-2012 07:47am