Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My new Evoque at Duckworth Land Rover
Dai B

RE: My new Evoque at Duckworth Land Rover

Looks fantastic. Hadn't thought about black mirrors, side vents etc. I've had a quick look in the price list, and they don't appear, therefore, I was wondering what you were being charged for them?
16-02-2012 12:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(16-02-2012 10:58am)Straydox Wrote:  Just noticed - the side vents in the wind/door appear to be in body colour - are all Pure spec vehicles that way - or is that new?

Thats standard on all Pure's whatever the body colour. The shade of grey is different on Coupe's and 5 doors. Atlas on Coupe's which is a warmer grey and brunel on 5 doors. Both are non metallic and a matt finish.
(16-02-2012 12:32pm)Dai B Wrote:  Looks fantastic. Hadn't thought about black mirrors, side vents etc. I've had a quick look in the price list, and they don't appear, therefore, I was wondering what you were being charged for them?

Black grill and side vents but not the mirrors... http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Purenamic...=purenamic
(This post was last modified: 16-02-2012 02:56pm by WB.)
16-02-2012 12:49pm
Straydox

(16-02-2012 12:49pm)WB Wrote:  Thats standard on all Pure's although whatever the body colour. The shade of grey is different on Coupe's and 5 doors. Atlas on Coupe's which is a warmer grey and brunel on 5 doors. Both are non metallic and a matt finish.

Black grill and side vents but not the mirrors... http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Purenamic...=purenamic

Thanks for the clarification - I have to say that I like it - less 'blingy' Very Happy

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
16-02-2012 02:02pm
MartinP

Car looks great Edgedata, congrats!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
16-02-2012 07:14pm
SINGHY

Hey Edgedata,

Good to see some Pures in Orkney Grey, I'd almost forgotten what one looked likem it looks great, even in the dull weather.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
16-02-2012 08:58pm
edgedata

Thanks everyone.

To answer a few questions raised:

1- Various bits of the car (including the right tow eye cover) are delivered off the car and in the boot.

2 - cjfp, you had me really worried there about the saggy leather until I looked at the pictures again and saw what you meant Smile

3 - The pictures were taken on a very dull day in Market Rasen. Not that many days there are much more than dull anyway.

4 - The grill / wing / door trims are not body coloured but they are very close on an Orkney Grey 5 door Evoque. The colour is actually called Brunel.

5 - I purchased all the parts from Dan at Duckworth Parts. Best to drop Dan an email for latest prices as I know there has been a recent increase on some of the 'black' parts. See http://www.duckworthparts.co.uk for his contact details.

6 - I'm really pleased with the more subtle/stealth look of the Orkney Grey with the black parts. It is exactly the effect I was looking for.

7 - I know they are only interior bling bits but these are my favorite dealer fit options.

[Image: VPLHS0044.jpg] [Image: VPLVS0078LAA.jpg]
These are stock images but give you the idea. I'll take picture of them fitted to my car when I take delivery.

Previous: 12MY Pure 5dr SD4 Tech Auto Orkney Grey : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Ebony Int : Rear cam : Folding mirrors : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Fogs : Privacy glass
Now : 14MY Dynamic SD4 5dr 9speed Firenze Red : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Privacy glass + more...
16-02-2012 11:03pm
Irad

(16-02-2012 08:38am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  [Repeat of photos removed]
Same spec as mine (apart from the contrast roof and powered tailgate). Grille and and Vents are being painted now on mine (only €100! so cheaper than buying the parts!); I guarantee you will enjoy the stereo.Very HappyVery Happy

Hi,
You said it cost you only 100€ to make the front grille and side vents painted in glossy black. How did they do it? Were they painted or covered with black vinyl? Was there anything specific to ask for?

I've got my OG Prestige with black contrast roof and I'm thinking of changing the front grille and side vents too. But the LR dealer is asking for 700€, which I think is just not decent!

So I'm really interested in the way you did it on yours.

Can you do it at any garage?

Tks
Irad

Ordered: 5-door Prestige Orkney grey - 20' style 6 alloys - Element interior - Black panoramic roof - Expected delivery: June 30, 2012
26-06-2012 05:34pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(26-06-2012 05:34pm)Irad Wrote:  Hi,
You said it cost you only 100€ to make the front grille and side vents painted in glossy black. How did they do it? Were they painted or covered with black vinyl? Was there anything specific to ask for?

I've got my OG Prestige with black contrast roof and I'm thinking of changing the front grille and side vents too. But the LR dealer is asking for 700€, which I think is just not decent!

So I'm really interested in the way you did it on yours.

Can you do it at any garage?

Tks

I took the bits off the car, went to my local body shop, agreed a gloss black colour and they were all sprayed to perfection for me to collect the next day. Am finally getting the tailgate strip done next Monday. Again I will take off the part and he reckons its about €30 as it is only a 10 minute job to spray. I am not sure which colour code he used (not Santorini/Sumatra/Narvik) but it was an official colour code on his computer paint mixing machine. His business is a professional sprayer and most of the bodyshops who do the physical car repair where I live send the cars to him to be sprayed (he will do anything from a kitchen fridge through to trucks). I am not getting any "mates rates" and all work is officially invoiced (ie nothing dodgy).

LR would have cost €100's as you are paying LR rates not the bodyshop direct rates; guess you just need to find a good local spray/body shop.

By way of cost comparison, he repaired a cracked front bumper on an ML I had, by filling and local respray and it cost me only €175. Merc said new bumper as it was impossible to repair plus the cost of swapping over all the fog lights, parking sensors etc, minimum €1200. He also completely resprayed the rear bumper of my FL2 (Santorini) when I scrapped it along a post for €150, and again I took it off myself as I was removing the towbar to sell the car).

Now I wonder why our insurance premiums are so high????

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2012 06:18pm by BFGEvoqueMan.)
26-06-2012 06:08pm
Urban Splash

Looks just like mine! Awesome!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
26-06-2012 06:22pm
Neo

My new Evoque at Duckworth Land Rover

Congrats and nice car mate

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
27-06-2012 01:24am