Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My first couple of hundred miles.
bee

RE: My first couple of hundred miles.

(29-10-2015 05:59pm)Lurcher Wrote:  Well we have had the Evoque 2 weeks and done about 300 mls , mainly short journeys and the auto box is a pleasure to use , had the last FL2 18months and not a scratch on it when we traded .
Got back home today after 3 seperate trips and wife noticed scrape down the passenger side (low down) , looks like bumper mark , not had a close look as was getting dark and wet so will have a look see tomorrow .
At a guess I would say it was at Aldi when we went to buy a Dyson cordless to use on the car Laughing

hopefully it will buff out, or maybe a smart repair ?

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
29-10-2015 11:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lurcher

Seeing my son tomorrow who will have a look , has a Scooby which he has looked after like a baby , he has got all the detailing and polishing equipment so hopefully it may buff out .
Wife is a bit annoyed about it as the car cost us more than our house but I take the view it can happen to anyone anywhere despite being careful where we park .

2015 Corris SD4 Auto Pure Tech 5 Door Pan Roof and Privacy Glass
29-10-2015 11:47pm
Steve D

Grrrrr. That's a real bummer about your dent and I feel your pain. Lol about the car costing more than the house - that's exactly what the wife said about ours - our one cost more than our first house too!

Well, we got home late last night after a near 4 hour trip in the lashing rain. Had it a week now and done just under 600 miles - 350 odd on motorways at sliiiiightly Wink above the speed limit and the rest going up and down hills and around single track country lanes as we were staying in the Peak District and it's showing 33.3 mpg which I don't think is too terrible. Car is a dream to drive but I keep getting a dig in the ribs from the Mrs along with the warning to "Take it out of red"! I'll have to give the Dynamic mode a good testing when I'm in it on my own. Laughing

My task for today - take it down and get it cleaned, it's absolutely filthy!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2015 08:09am by Steve D.)
30-10-2015 08:08am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Tell the good lady that she shouldn't fret. Dynamic Mode only changes the suspension and steering maps, it doesn't do anything that makes the engine perform differently (unlike the RRS2 where is also changes the gearbox map). Dynamic mode isn't meant for use on fast straight roads it is meant to firm up the suspension and increase the senstivity of the magneride and it adds more weight to the steering to improve twisty road handling. One thing for sure, after having owned 2 Dynamic Evoques and now an RRS2 Dynamic, the remaps make a very very noticable difference to the way that RRS2 handles in Dynamic mode than either of my Evoques did. Most noticable changes in the RRS are that you get the full on transfer gearbox with High and Low Ratios as well as the suspension, gearbox and steering remaps. It also adds some 20kg to the vehicle weight................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2015 08:42am by XFullFatTim.)
30-10-2015 08:40am