Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My first Evoque
Spudulikeit

My first Evoque

Well after 5 Discoveries I have finally defected to the dark side. I am now the proud owner of a 12 plate Prestige (Lux Pack) with pano. roof in Ipanema Sand. it has lots of whistles and bells and I am still learning some of what it can do.
Two weeks in and although I am forgetting it is a manual box I have not missed the 3 litres and 7 seats one bit (especially at the petrol station!)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12 plate Prestige (lux pack) in Ipanema Sand with pano roof and lots of toys
(This post was last modified: 20-07-2014 05:33pm by Spudulikeit.)
20-07-2014 05:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JimWooly

RE: My first Evoque

One of the first things I noticed was how quiet it was when I went on a test drive.

I should also mention - Welcome to the Dark Side Smile

[Image: 298252.png]
(This post was last modified: 20-07-2014 10:23pm by JimWooly.)
20-07-2014 10:22pm
Spudulikeit

Thanks for the welcome. I've not done much travel in it yet - just commuting. I think engine noise is much better as is transmission. Being nearer the ground gives a bit more road noise I think... However I love the Meridian sound system so I don't get to hear the road unless I go out of my way to do so.
I want to buy STUFF to make it more mine but it seems the level of fit is so good there's nothing left to buy!

22-07-2014 07:48pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Welcome to the forum Spudulikeit. Nice colour scheme yours has with the light exterior and interior. Experience with different tyres shows that there is a marked difference between brands on an Evoque, my last one ran on summer 20" Continentals and in winter on Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow 19's and even passengers commented that it ran quieter on the winter tyres. My new Evoque is shod with 20" Michelins and they are a lot quieter than the Continentals.
Stuff to individualise it, there are plenty of aftermarket bits available as well as things like roof rails and different paddle shifters for the inside.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-07-2014 12:40pm by XFullFatTim.)
23-07-2014 12:39pm
Spudulikeit

Thanks Xfullfattim the pano roof lets the light flood in and the light interior justs brightens the journey up. Obviously when the kids were younger I would have run a mile. However they are civilised enough not to ruin the light leather.
This is running on 19" scorpions so I m not sure what will improve matters. I'm now wrestling with the idea of Winter tyres. It is a 4x4 - do I need them? I have to get down a pretty steep slope in snow and ice on about 7 days per year. My previous Disco's were brilliant. Will this be less so? I sort of expect it to be less impressive after all it is a smaller engine it hasn't got an off road height setting.
I better start looking for something. Thanks for replying

23-07-2014 08:37pm
Tony

(23-07-2014 08:37pm)Spudulikeit Wrote:  Thanks Xfullfattim the pano roof lets the light flood in and the light interior justs brightens the journey up. Obviously when the kids were younger I would have run a mile. However they are civilised enough not to ruin the light leather.
This is running on 19" scorpions so I m not sure what will improve matters. I'm now wrestling with the idea of Winter tyres. It is a 4x4 - do I need them? I have to get down a pretty steep slope in snow and ice on about 7 days per year. My previous Disco's were brilliant. Will this be less so? I sort of expect it to be less impressive after all it is a smaller engine it hasn't got an off road height setting.
I better start looking for something. Thanks for replying

You should be OK, I have a set of 19" wheels fitted with Scorpions for the winter (20" standard, summer Michelins on my last Evoque) and they were fine on Skye in the snow. Our drive is 150 metres long and a steep uphill climb, no problems at all. The new Evoque is fitted with 20" Scorpions so I should not need to change this winter but I may still fit the 19's for the worst of the weather and salt to preserve my new black wheels.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 23-07-2014 09:31pm by Tony.)
23-07-2014 09:30pm
XFullFatTim

Tony, you also have an even lower geared 1st and 2nd with the 9speeder which should help going down and up steep snowed driveways.
Spud you don't say if yours is an auto or a manual.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-07-2014 06:33am
Spudulikeit

It's a 6 speed manual. I'm beginning to be less apprehensive now. Thanks both. Maybe I'll shop around for winter tyres anyway. These alloys are perfect ( the car only had 10k on it) and the winter roads can be harsh up here in the Peak District

24-07-2014 07:24am
XFullFatTim

IIRC there are some for sale in the For Sale/Wanted section

24-07-2014 08:17am
Tony

(24-07-2014 07:24am)Spudulikeit Wrote:  It's a 6 speed manual. I'm beginning to be less apprehensive now. Thanks both. Maybe I'll shop around for winter tyres anyway. These alloys are perfect ( the car only had 10k on it) and the winter roads can be harsh up here in the Peak District

I got my second set of wheels off e-b@y back in September 2012, diamond turned 19" with tyres off a new car, moulding pips still on the tyres, £900 delivered to Skye. Wheels correct LR items with all the correct markings and tyres were in perfect condition. At my request the seller e-mailed me photos of each wheel showing the LR markings before I made the offer.

If you want to buy tyres with a pure winter tread then there are still plenty of wheels for sale, just make sure you get genuine LR items.

I think irrespective of the tyres the Evoque and FL2 are very capable, in our bad winter of 2009/10 with deep snow followed by six weeks of frozen slush our FL2 on 2/3rds worn craptinentals never put a foot wrong.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 24-07-2014 11:31am by Tony.)
24-07-2014 10:12am