Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My car was the most admired in the carpark until......
Evo-king

RE: My car was the most admired in the carpark until......

Slightly off topic, but I like your parking style Tim, so many of us opt for the end space in a row, unfortunately, there is always some clumsy oaf who manages to park right up tight to my car.

Interesting place for a skip!

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
27-08-2012 02:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

(27-08-2012 02:56pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Slightly off topic, but I like your parking style Tim, so many of us opt for the end space in a row, unfortunately, there is always some clumsy oaf who manages to park right up tight to my car.

Interesting place for a skip!

same place that I would have picked, but my wheels would be up on that bit of kerb too !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
27-08-2012 03:35pm
Nowaytk

So it's going to be a race to see who gets to gaydon first, there ain't going to be that many end spots Laughing

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
27-08-2012 04:23pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I beat you all as I stopped there today for my lunch stop on the way south! The centre is dedicating 100 car spaces for us so you can have the doors wide open on both sides and so can te car either side of you! Fuel was 15p a litre cheaper in Gaydon village than up the road at Warwick Services so I topped up but only managed to get 20ltrs into the tank

Evo-king I moved from the other side of the building because some ejot in an XType Jag parked so close I had to get in through the passenger door, I couldn't even get between the two cars to get to he driver's door, it was also where I coud hear the alarm should someone tamper with the car, although the double glazing was so god I doubt I would have much.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 27-08-2012 06:17pm by XFullFatTim.)
27-08-2012 06:15pm
Frp1

I think I heard that only 25 came to the uk.
We will be lucky to get 25 evoque's to our meet Sad

Ben
(26-08-2012 08:29pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  That must have been the entire production run of the aventimes! Lol
27-08-2012 07:49pm
PhilSkill

At most there were 196 in 2004, now there's 158 left registered!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-08-2012 09:06pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Nearly as rare a sight as a 2011 delivered Range Rover Evoque............................ widewide total production was envisaged as being 45000 A YEAR, in reality Renault pulled the plug on them after shifting only 4500 worldwide.................... it is a much more exciting car than the Vel Satis that was launched at the same time and sold a whole load more, but it was boring and dull as ditchwater. I was overtaken by one of the ones that were at Lancaster when I was passing Preston, it wasn't hanging around, must have been trying to get an MPG less than 10.................... With the stong headwinds today I never got more than 38mpg all the way south, except for a few miles around Birmingham in the 50mph sections and then as soon as I went back up to70mph the mpg tumbled back. I went for a run from Warash to Calshott to visit some friends this evening and despite a belt around the M27 there and back, with the long stretches in traffic sat at 40 and 50mph I was up to 42mpg in no time!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 27-08-2012 09:20pm by XFullFatTim.)
27-08-2012 09:16pm
PhilSkill

I knew a guy who worked on the Vel Satis project, he was raving about the thing, one day he showed me a pre-release picture and I couldn't hide my detest of it... He took it very personally! Embarrassed

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-08-2012 09:47pm