My Evoque picked up before Christmas

Only just got around to sorting some pics

[Image: evoque-ext1.jpg]1

[Image: evoque-ext2.jpg]

[Image: evoque-ext3.jpg]

[Image: evoque-ext4.jpg]

[Image: evoque-in1.jpg]

My thoughts so far....

Very pleased with the spec I went for, the only thing I think I may have added with hind sight is keyless entry although having said that I have to use a fob on my keyring to open/close the electric gate so would still have needed to fish the keys out when leaving or comming home.

Car drives superbly with my only real comment being the auto box about wich I can only echo the comments of others in so much as it doesn't always seem to be in the correct gear and doesn't seem to change up early enough and there is a lag sometimes when setting off from a junction wich may be due to it stil being in too higher gear.

I specced the auto diming rear view mirror wich i am pleased about and find useful, The surround cameras i have not used as much as I thought I would to be honest. But when I have used them they have been really useful (although this mainly when reversing down my drive as it is particularly tight at the gate with only maybe 5 inches either side to play with and a slight turn all at the same place, with the surround cameras its easy to gauge how far away i am from the fence posts that flank the passenger side). For general driving though I think i could live happily without them.

Fuel consumption is mid 30's at the moment and that includes a mix of driving. On a run I was averaging late 30's (around 38) but i was taking it easy (between 60 -70) and i am for the most part not to heavy with the right foot.

I have mud flaps to fit and having had the car on a mix of roads will definatley be fitting these for two reasons. Firstly to keep the road muck from being sprayed up the side of the car. secondly I noticed when going through a puddle how high the water was kicked up by the back wheels (saw it flickup in my rear view mirror), it's probably as much due to the short overhang at the back but I imagine it might create quite a lot of spray behind on a wet road or motorway.

I have found the sat nav/ Meridian sound system etc all to be absolutley fine so far and i have no real gripes. the only issue I had was that on one occasion when i entered the car and turned on the ignition the touch screen came up blank (it was lit up blank white screen with no graphics). Selecting the buttons and tapping the screen proved that behind this lack of display the system was working (even the "touch" of the touch screen). I tried turning off and imediatley back on but it was the same and stayed that way throughout the journey. When I parked up and returned to the car 20 minutes later it was fine and has been fine ever since.

I am 6' 2" tall and still trying to find the best seating position but this is more to do with there being so much room and adjustment to play with rather than a fault of the car.

I do get some wind noise probably more noticable around 50-60 mph but it is only slight and not overly intrusive at all.

Not sure if this is just me but the doors seem to need a good pull to shut them properly, I am getting used to it now but passengers often have to have a second go at shutting them.

Still... what a fantastic car!

(This post was last modified: 30-12-2011 02:02pm by DaveR.)
30-12-2011 12:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ceebee

RE: My Evoque picked up before Christmas

Car looks geat Dave,

Is it just me or do the Evoques just look great from any angle?

Maybe I am slightly biased!!!!!!

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
30-12-2011 03:33pm
xxxx5

I must say this is the best spec and color combo I have seen yet. Congratulations on a fabulous looking car.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
30-12-2011 05:06pm
ytshome

Grey is Great|

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 30-12-2011 05:14pm by ytshome.)
30-12-2011 05:12pm
omgitselaine

(30-12-2011 03:33pm)ceebee Wrote:  Car looks geat Dave,

Is it just me or do the Evoques just look great from any angle?

Maybe I am slightly biased!!!!!!

Nope. It's not just you Very Happy it is a really sexy looking ride !! Seeing the different colors is making me so indecisive as to what would be best UGH ? Loved the fuji white but now seeing this hmmmmmmm ??
31-12-2011 04:55am
ceebee

Omg........

Just to help with you choice of colour.

In my opinion, the Fuji whites looks great, as do the greys, the blacks, the red, the blues and the green.

I hope you find this information useful when it comes to your decision? Just trying to be of some assistance.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
31-12-2011 02:40pm
Evo-king

Glad to see you omitted the Pink ceebee.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
31-12-2011 05:34pm
ceebee

Hhhmmmmmmpppphhhh, not so sure about the pink?

31-12-2011 06:09pm
Evoqess

Congrats ! Oh, I do like a good write-up!
The alloys look splendid but my tire brush gets the severe shakes just looking at them! Fair trade off I think!
And glad you mentioned the self dimming mirror - this is the first one I've owned that is actually a true benefit. Former ones in 4 prior VW/Audi products were very inconsistent - I guess the sensor that LR uses is a better one Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
31-12-2011 08:03pm
SebM

Congrats !

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
01-01-2012 06:40pm