Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Evoque arrives on the Island Saturday
Rootsboy

My Evoque arrives on the Island Saturday

just got a call from my dealer saying the car will be on the saturday night ship to the Island, i will be able to see it on monday, and hopefully once registration and insurance is sorted drive away 2 to 3 days later. hehe can't wait!

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
09-12-2011 06:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SebM

RE: My Evoque arrives on the Island Saturday

Great !!

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
10-12-2011 04:40pm
Rootsboy

went and saw it at the dealers today, been told i will have the plates and be able to drive away wednesday or thursday. cant wait!
also told them not to wash it, as i want to do that job myself, just as well really as i went to see my car in the holding car-park for the dealers i saw what they use to clean the cars, and was not into the idea of them sticking through a standard car wash.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
12-12-2011 08:46pm
xxxx5

Looking very smart. Good idea not getting the dealer to wash it. I am also doing the same, in fact I intend to trailer mine to my deatailers.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
12-12-2011 09:21pm
Rootsboy

i will be detailing it myself, but not sure if i will get time to do everything i want over the weekend, im new at it so am sure it will take me so much longer then the experienced detailer. one thing i am ready for and thats a aching back, as thats what i got when i cleaned the girlfriends car last weekend.
oh one other thing i noticed, my car had Michelin tires on it where all the other Evoque's there had Continentals including a 150hp Prestige and 2 Dynamics one SD4 and the other a Si4. looks like i was lucky!

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2011 11:08pm by Rootsboy.)
12-12-2011 10:32pm
Rootsboy

finally picked up the car on thursday, only got a 3/4 tank of fuel, bottle of wine and a bottle of leather cleaning fluid as gifts. the dealer told me i may be on a list for going for a landrover experience day in Andorra, will be nice to get that and a flight paid for as well.
anyway was not to bothered about all that, just happy to finally get my hands on my new car. i still have not been out to much in it though, i seem to have spent most the time cleaning, polishing and sealing it and i still have the glass to do.
anyway here are a few pics, will do some nice scenic ones when i get time.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 18-12-2011 11:18pm by Rootsboy.)
18-12-2011 11:04pm
Rootsboy

opp's just had my first hit to the body work, well more like the plastic on the underside, was up a hill and in the woods and somehow a tree-stump i did not see, managed to rip into the plastic protector on the underside, i think it was more to do with my own fault of hastily trying to maneuver away from it once it was under the car.
its funny me or my girlfriend did not see it at all before we heard this noise from under the car. not sure if ordering a new part and getting my mate to fit it will be cheaper then getting landrover to do it, as im sure it wont be coverd by warranty Confused

been so super careful with the car up until now as well using all the toys to keep it away from harm, need a few lessons in driving in the woods i think.

07-01-2012 09:33pm
Rootsboy

a few pics going up a local hill

14-01-2012 09:37pm
SebM

Very nice, congrats !

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
15-01-2012 06:12pm
ShiangHorng

Nice set of pictures
21-02-2012 03:20pm