Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Evoque & Rocco together
QUATTROMAN

My Evoque & Rocco together

Just managed to Park them together for the first time -Hope they will be happy...Laughing

If they have kids it will be called 'Range Wagen Evroc'......

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Fuji White 5 door Dynamic SD4 AUTO +LUX PACK + Adaptive Xenons -Built 22-12- 2011 - delivered 12-1-12
(This post was last modified: 13-01-2012 03:00pm by QUATTROMAN.)
13-01-2012 02:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

RE: My Evoque & Rocco together

very nice! great taste in cars Wink

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
13-01-2012 03:01pm
Cedric

(13-01-2012 02:31pm)QUATTROMAN Wrote:  If they have kids it will be called 'Range Wagen Evroc'......

If the kids turn out to be black, somebody is in trouble! Very Happy

Nice stuff!
14-01-2012 11:46am
Radeco

Very nice - but how the hell did you get out of the Rocco? - passenger side?Idea

G4 Freelander 2005 V6 HSE Stage 1 Thailand/Laos. HQ Support
Gone - Grey Freelander 2 2011 SD4 XS Works Van !
Still missing my Evo.
14-01-2012 12:00pm
QUATTROMAN

(14-01-2012 12:00pm)Radeco Wrote:  Very nice - but how the hell did you get out of the Rocco? - passenger side?Idea

'Elemntary my dear Watson' -parked the Scirocco first and then carefully reversed the Evoque using all the surround cams for the purpose they were intended. To be fair they are brilliant, have set them up as shortcut on home screen and used them very often when parking, only downside is they are not brilliant at night (rear is ok but mirror ones for curb view lack high enough resolution).

Can't believe I have clocked up over 200 miles in 2 days and havn't been anywhere !!!Embarrassed
gotta' love the Evoque - just cant stop driving it - Rocco is now dirty and Evoque was jet washed today as wheels were looking a little dull -
Have now used Dynamic mode to the full on a smooth twisty road down to Kingswear- and my first impressions were wrong - Dynamic mode is awsome -this vehicle -(as has been said many times on this forum) - should not go round corners as well as it does, You just have to have the confidence to push it a little beyond what your brain says (won't make this corner at that speed slow down!!) and it just goes around without any problems. Just brilliant.Laughing

Fuji White 5 door Dynamic SD4 AUTO +LUX PACK + Adaptive Xenons -Built 22-12- 2011 - delivered 12-1-12
14-01-2012 10:54pm
Evoqess

A better looking couple than Brangelina!!
Just remember the warning on the driver's sun shade "higher rollover risk" and leave Rocco for the crazed twisties!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
14-01-2012 11:39pm
QUATTROMAN

(14-01-2012 11:39pm)Evoqess Wrote:  A better looking couple than Brangelina!!
Just remember the warning on the driver's sun shade "higher rollover risk" and leave Rocco for the crazed twisties!
Thanks for the warning-havn't seen that yet- too busy with all the other toys
To be honest Evoqess, there is not alot of difference in the handling of these two when the Adaptive Suspension on the Evoque is in 'Dynamic' setting, the Evoque being four wheel drive aka 'quattro' and the Scirocco being front wheel drive.
The Scirocco has 235 x 40 x 18 Pirelli P Zero Rosso's and the Evoque is wearing 245 x 45 x 20 Michelin Lattitude Sports . So the lateral grip should effectively be similar -not taking into account the 380 Kg extra weight of the Evoque (as the only thing keeping you on the road is the friction of the tyres). But in 'dynamic mode' the Evoque will allow you to put the power down sooner exiting a bend and flatter (ie no body role) than the front wheel drive Scirocco which tends to understeer and scrabble for grip and I assure you it does feel similar to a quattro -TT or other.Even I am amazed and I have a 1986 UR quattro see pic.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 15-01-2012 01:12am by QUATTROMAN.)
15-01-2012 12:17am
Evoqess

That's good to hear! I have been slightly guarded with the Evoque with cornering as SUV rollover stories abound but I know the Evoque has a wider stance and is more crossover than a Jeep Wrangler type 4x4.
I came from an absolutely unflappable Quattro Audi TTS that made me feel like an incredible driver and would eat up and spit out other vehicles on extended road trips (sorry officer !). Still hold that car in high regard but am loving the luxury/utility of the Evoque. That doesn't mean of course that the new Porsche Boxster doesn't have me swooning Wink Hot hot hot!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
15-01-2012 08:23am
MrHooky

(15-01-2012 12:17am)QUATTROMAN Wrote:  Even I am amazed and I have a 1986 UR quattro see pic.

Love the quattro (and your Evoque!).

I've tried to guess what the red car but can't figure it out. Please divulge!

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
20-01-2012 09:18pm
QUATTROMAN

(20-01-2012 09:18pm)MrHooky Wrote:  Love the quattro (and your Evoque!).

I've tried to guess what the red car but can't figure it out. Please divulge!
Thanks.
My wife's old Kia Mentor- I paid £185 for it from a friend-ran it for 2 years and then got £2000 scrappage against the Scirocco.
Best £185 I ever spentLaughing
Quattro has just had a lot of bodywork done, A-piller rot fixed and windscreen surround rebuilt ,new windscreen and rebuilt front wings to remove any rot -hopefully should last another 25 years or so.

21-01-2012 06:24pm