Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Mood Lighting
caroline11000

Mood Lighting

Is mood lighting standard on all Evoques? On my Pure order it says it has Ambience lighting, is this the same thing, and can you change the colours?
Apologies if this has been mentioned before on here but I couldn't see any reference to it when searching through the posts.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
21-08-2011 05:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LP

RE: Mood Lighting

Yes - in the UK market at least.
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2011 06:03pm by LP.)
21-08-2011 06:03pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

According to the sheets I have YES all models in the UK get customer configurable "Mood Lighting" - sounds similar to what I have in the FFRR, except that the FFRR only gets white LEDS in all the door pulls and a couple of other places. When RRS was launched it had something called "waterfall" lighting - nobody could ever figure out what it was and then we found an LED in the rear view mirror pointing downward directly into the ashtray................ conclusion was that this was the so called waterfall light - so you could extinguish your ciggy at night without missing the ashtray!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-08-2011 06:06pm
J77

Yes all evoques have it, but the cars with adaptive dynamics and have the dynamic setting selected on terrain response have automatic colour changes to suit your driving style......... Something like that.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2011 08:47pm by J77.)
21-08-2011 08:40pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Dynamics have the dashboard lighting change from white to red when select the Dynamic mode in the TR, as well as the "mood" lighting. I hear 2013MY will also get a Lava lamp option..................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-08-2011 09:26pm
QueJumper

Dumb question....where do you set the mood lighting - not found it in the menus yet!

Now Sold - Small, clean, fun car mainly for me - Sd4 Dynamic Lux - White/Black roof

Still going strong - Big, dirty, fun car mainly for the wife, kids and dog - Disco 4 - Blue (with lots of mud outside, sweets & litter inside)
29-11-2011 09:14pm
anton

(29-11-2011 09:14pm)QueJumper Wrote:  Dumb question....where do you set the mood lighting - not found it in the menus yet!
Go into the home menu then touch extra features on the screen,there you will find the cameras and the mood lighting ,touch the lighting button on the screen then you can alter it to blue/red and different levels of brightness.Hope this helps.
29-11-2011 09:20pm
Evoqess

I do find I have to use the brightest setting (urban environment) - and will usually set the touchscreen to screensaver at night. I like the analogue clock screensaver or the Evoque graphic. Nice touchs LR!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
29-11-2011 09:48pm
JiiPee

(29-11-2011 09:48pm)Evoqess Wrote:  I do find I have to use the brightest setting (urban environment) - and will usually set the touchscreen to screensaver at night. I like the analogue clock screensaver or the Evoque graphic. Nice touchs LR!

Agree! During the daylight the mood lighting is hardly noticeable, even when set on the brightest. Only place you can actually see the change is the strange little tunnel in the middle. Anyone come up with some practical use/purpose of that hole?

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
29-11-2011 11:10pm
griff

Put my sunglasses there

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
29-11-2011 11:16pm