Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Milltek - TD4/SD4 Exhaust Systems
chiggy

Milltek - TD4/SD4 Exhaust Systems

From the Milltek Website:
Milltek Sport has completed testing of a stainless steel high-performance cat-back exhaust system for the brand new Range Rover Evoque.

Initial impressions are that the new exhaust system has given the car a more responsive throttle and a heightened-sense of speed from behind the wheel. As for the sound, it's now deeper and has more in common with a petrol-powered car but without any noticable increase in volume inside the cabin.

We can now confirm that the Milltek exhaust fits all models of the Range Rover Evoque - 5-door & Coupé / TD4 & SD4 / Pure & Prestige all use the same exhaust with tailpipes as shown in the photos. The Dynamic models also use same exhaust system but retains the standard tailpipes that are fitted into the rear bumper to give the ultimate stealth upgrade.

As standard, our development car (an SD4 coupe kindly loaned to us by AmD Essex) was measured at 192.8 hp and 298.1 lb/ft (Land Rover quote 190hp). The car was then remapped by AmD Essex and fitted with the Milltek exhaust system. The Evoque was then put back on the dyno and re-tested - it showed a massive 80lbs/ft increase at 2500rpm, low-down in the rev-range, where it really counts in a turbo-diesel

The customer is very happy with the exhaust, saying "The combination of an AmD remap with the Milltek exhaust gives the Evoque a much needed increase in bottom end response and improved pull throughout the rev range as well as improving fuel economy".

http://www.bestexhaust.com.au/shop/index...78_195_591

Prices for the Milltek Catback in AU.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
20-01-2012 05:15am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mnd

RE: Milltek - TD4/SD4 Exhaust Systems

Very nice!
Are they doing one for the Petrol?
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2012 05:47am by mnd.)
20-01-2012 05:46am
chiggy

I think they might eventually. Not entirely sure to be honest.

Hoping Akrapovic do something.

Have a friend who put it on a VW Golf GTI. Was amazing! Think they're the best in the business, if not, then pretty close to best in the business.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
20-01-2012 05:57am
mnd

(20-01-2012 05:57am)chiggy Wrote:  I think they might eventually. Not entirely sure to be honest.

Hoping Akrapovic do something.

Have a friend who put it on a VW Golf GTI. Was amazing! Think they're the best in the business, if not, then pretty close to best in the business.

Well they are for bikes. Not sure about cars though.
20-01-2012 06:04am
Aussievoque

Great find Chiggy! Now all we need is someone in Oz doing remaps.....has anyone come across one yet??

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
20-01-2012 06:28am
chiggy

(20-01-2012 06:04am)mnd Wrote:  Well they are for bikes. Not sure about cars though.

Yeah but on the Golf GTI it sounded amazing! great performance too.

they've done quite a bit on cars..

http://www.akrapovic.com/car-exhaust/products/
I've always wondered with the remaps - does that void your warranty?

Apparently there's new "things" in the ecu that prevent you from using the likes of Bluefin superchip etc. You need to now actually take the ecu out or something - i read it somewhere on the forum.

Was hoping for Bluefin - just a quick remap using a little tool - no harm, no foul. Not anymore... sadly.

(This post was last modified: 20-01-2012 06:35am by chiggy.)
20-01-2012 06:33am
gead

wow...impressive

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
20-01-2012 06:56am
Barneyridge

Can't imagine what a exhaust on a diesel would sound like.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
20-01-2012 10:33am
Evo-king

Think I might take the plunge (AMD & Exhaust) when I eventually get mine.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
20-01-2012 11:14am
peet

(20-01-2012 05:15am)chiggy Wrote:  From the Milltek Website:
Milltek Sport has completed testing of a stainless steel high-performance cat-back exhaust system for the brand new Range Rover Evoque.

Initial impressions are that the new exhaust system has given the car a more responsive throttle and a heightened-sense of speed from behind the wheel. As for the sound, it's now deeper and has more in common with a petrol-powered car but without any noticable increase in volume inside the cabin.

We can now confirm that the Milltek exhaust fits all models of the Range Rover Evoque - 5-door & Coupé / TD4 & SD4 / Pure & Prestige all use the same exhaust with tailpipes as shown in the photos. The Dynamic models also use same exhaust system but retains the standard tailpipes that are fitted into the rear bumper to give the ultimate stealth upgrade.

As standard, our development car (an SD4 coupe kindly loaned to us by AmD Essex) was measured at 192.8 hp and 298.1 lb/ft (Land Rover quote 190hp). The car was then remapped by AmD Essex and fitted with the Milltek exhaust system. The Evoque was then put back on the dyno and re-tested - it showed a massive 80lbs/ft increase at 2500rpm, low-down in the rev-range, where it really counts in a turbo-diesel

The customer is very happy with the exhaust, saying "The combination of an AmD remap with the Milltek exhaust gives the Evoque a much needed increase in bottom end response and improved pull throughout the rev range as well as improving fuel economy".

http://www.bestexhaust.com.au/shop/index...78_195_591

Prices for the Milltek Catback in AU.

Just for a minute there, I thought the second picture from behind the car was showing somewhat oversized wing mirrors ! Laughing

Mauritius Blue 5 door Prestige +LUX. Manual SD4. Ambiance interior - Spare
Took Delivery: 23/03/12
Bike: Honda ST1300 Pan European
20-01-2012 11:42am